Worst song ever written?

• Start date
  • Replies 43 Comments
  • Views 5,436 Views
This was one of my favorite songs when I was little. But performed by Sha Na Na.

Sha Na Na, Really?! I was exposed to a really grating version during a bad video-poker session once, and now I want to crawl out of my skin whenever I hear it.

I can't believe they expected us to play video poker while listening to this kind of stuff.
Oh and the country song of a guy complaining his dishwasher broke. :lmao:

Oh boy, country-music-day at Bronco Billy's was rough.

you're nuts Mudcat. That is a well done song. It was only recently that I paid attention to the lyrics. Never knew they were so depressing.
My fav line:
"We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun,
But the stars we could reach were just starfish on the beach"

I like the electric piano accompaniment as he's talking to Michelle, his little one, about how he's going to kick the bucket.

Jaunty.

MrX
Sha Na Na, Really?! I was exposed to a really grating version during a bad video-poker session once, and now I want to crawl out of my skin whenever I hear it.

I was a very strange 8 year old. My favorite albums were Sha Na Na, Anne Murray and Debbie Boone.

I don't think Nick Berry can be topped. There is plenty of trash out there...Cotton Eye Joe, Spice Girls, etc. what about Mmm Bop by Hanson? That was pretty awful.

But Nick Berry is your fuckin daddy in this category.

This is a song I find particularly odious. Hyper-sensitive, weepy, pseudo-spiritual jibberish to a completely inappropriate rock and roll backing. It was on short rotation on a radio station that got piped into a place I used to work so I used to hear it like 6 times a day.

:tully:

Whatever you do muddy don't see creed live..... for such good albums they just can't pull it off live....

For me it's this song. I wrote it when I was 9, well I wrote this much of it. It beg's for a second verse, 35 years later and I still haven't gotten around to it.

Home sweet home there’s just nothing like it.
Home sweet home it’s one of my own
Home sweet home, home sweet home, home.

Momma’s always in the kitchen
Daddy’s always at work
I’m always in my room

Home sweet home there’s just nothing like it
Home sweet home it’s one of my own
Home sweet home home sweet home, home.