Worst cop ever does worst thing ever for several minutes while being videoed by like 12 people

• Start date
  • Replies 247 Comments
  • Views 14,193 Views
I'm kind of agreeing with reno, and I'm not siding with anyone here, but the thing that gets me with these guys who actively resist arrest, is - what are they expecting to do? What outcome was this guy expecting from fighting a cop and running away? He was seconds away from being gently brought to the station. There was no better possible outcome. Your car is there, they know who you are, you're fucked.

It would never ever occur to me, even as a white guy, to start fighting with a cop. I would equate that with immediate death.

Am I a giant insensitive racist?

I'm kind of agreeing with reno, and I'm not siding with anyone here, but the thing that gets me with these guys who actively resist arrest, is - what are they expecting to do? What outcome was this guy expecting from fighting a cop and running away? He was seconds away from being gently brought to the station. There was no better possible outcome. Your car is there, they know who you are, you're fucked.

It would never ever occur to me, even as a white guy, to start fighting with a cop. I would equate that with immediate death.

Am I a giant insensitive racist?
No you are speaking common sense. Unfortunately these days, their is very little of that going around.

He's tired and drunk. A lot of people have no prospect of making bail. He might be looking at weeks or months in a cell.

If he catches the cops off guard and slips away he's in a bed within an hour. There's not going to be a manhunt over something like this. He probably already has a warrant out.

Not saying it's a good decision. Grabbing the taser was a horrible decision, but I have no problem understanding why it happens.

(cops don't need to be shooting drunk nappers running away)

You’re leaving out really key details about what happened in that Wendy’s parking lot but. ok.

Last edited:
MrX
He's tired and drunk. A lot of people have no prospect of making bail. He might be looking at weeks or months in a cell.

If he catches the cops off guard and slips away he's in a bed within an hour. There's not going to be a manhunt over something like this. He probably already has a warrant out.

Not saying it's a good decision. Grabbing the taser was a horrible decision, but I have no problem understanding why it happens.

Yep he took a chance and lost. When people begin to be held accountable for their actions, things might improve. Everything these days is predicated on excuses and justification.

MrX

.001% chance he gets shot and killed if he:

-doesn’t fight the cops

-doesn’t take the Taser

-doesn’t point the Taser at a cop

if you wanna try and peel away while they’re trying to get the cuffs on, no biggie, I agree. Slide home and wait for the warrant and sleep in your warm bed that night. I get it.

But he did way more than that. It’s his fault he is dead. No one else.

You’re leaving out really key details about what happened in that Wendy’s parking lot but. ok.
sure, but I don't think anything he did was putting anyone's life at serious threat. Feel like cop shot him because he felt angry and embarrassed. Not scared. And I know that sort of thing has been acceptable for a long time. But now, rightfully imo, it's not.

Cop should've realized, in this climate, you can't shoot black "folks" out of anger. He would be free today :dunno:

MrX

probably the horror that is our incarceration system is not better than death.
Need to stop arresting/ criminalizing everyone. All roads lead to abolition! :banhim:

It was funny, looked like cop tried to taze guy, so guy grabbed taser. ...I guess all these things are hard in heat of moment

1592517702144.png

sure, but I don't think anything he did was putting anyone's life at serious threat. Feel like cop shot him because he felt angry and embarrassed. Not scared. And I know that sort of thing has been acceptable for a long time. But now, rightfully imo, it's not.

Cop should've realized, in this climate, you can't shoot black "folks" out of anger. He would be free today :dunno:
Reno the way you describe it makes it sound like the police just figure out what to do as they go - making all the decisions. Thats so far from the reality. Police are trained to respond specifically to the situation. Like when they shoot, they are trained to shoot into the core or midsection to stop the threat, they aren't trained to shoot at legs/knees to reduce the chance of fatalities.

I'm on the cops side 99% of the time. They are the good guys. They aren't perfect and there are bad ones but overall I very much prefer having the police than not.

Reno the way you describe it makes it sound like the police just figure out what to do as they go - making all the decisions. Thats so far from the reality. Police are trained to respond specifically to the situation. Like when they shoot, they are trained to shoot into the core or midsection to stop the threat, they aren't trained to shoot at legs/knees to reduce the chance of fatalities.

I'm on the cops side 99% of the time. They are the good guys. They aren't perfect and there are bad ones but overall I very much prefer having the police than not.
not sure why you say that. If anything I'm emphasizing that I feel bad for the cop. He has been trained to act the way he did, either through whatever training they get, the political climate in their department, or their colleagues. I don't believe he went against anything he was taught or encouraged to do. ...But ultimately it's a variant of "I was just following orders" defense.
And it's unfair that he's is a fall guy, :dunno: that's what happens when norms change. Nobody gonna come save you. They will pile on, and act like they were always against what you did.

Maybe I just don't understand policing very well, but what's the reason they can't just start shooting people in the legs instead - or if catchy slogans are your thing - take a knee. Seems it would reduce the odds they die significantly, and also stop them from escaping. Is it just too difficult to aim and fire and hit someone there? I don't really have a dog in this fight, I'm just more on the let's reduce the amount of these types of killings altogether. And I'm sure the reaction time is tough in these types of encounters, but anyway was just a thought.