Why Tipping Should Be Outlawed

• Start date
  • Replies 98 Comments
  • Views 8,485 Views
I typically always tip 15 - 20%, but it does piss me off if the service is bad. I feel compelled to tip. One thing I stopped doing is donating to a cause or charity at a department store i.e. Costco, Walmart, Home Depot etc. These big box stores do this often and they are the ones who get the tax break when making the donation. That bugs the shit out of me. It really does. I go directly to the charity website to make my donation.

I skimmed the article. Some good points for sure. But the reason you don't tip your doctor is that he'd laugh at it. He's making a quarter mil a year for probing your butthole with his finger, he don't wanna feel like a $5 ho.

plus you don't want him getting the wrong idea and playing "just the tip" at this particular juncture

just sayin

After reading this blog, some of the points I agree with but ultimately, I like the tipping process altogether. Granted, I may not get a tip from some people, but at the end of the night, I am still pulling in more than 20% of my total sales in tips. If they implemented a flat fee, I guarantee if will be less than that.

Definitely not. If you want to say Aussies talk about Americans a lot, that may be fair. But more than Americans? Simply not possible.

In my fb newsfeed world. Aussies dominate the America bashing and pro gun control realm.

Way more than even Canucks.

In my fb newsfeed world. Aussies dominate the America bashing and pro gun control realm.

Way more than even Canucks.
Blittsta, outside of business this Aussie does not have a foolsbook account.

We are only fascinated with US gun control (or lack thereof) because 4 as long as I've been alive the US has always painted itself as the social beacon of freedom for the international community to follow, when in reality the social fabric is so torn that you are teaching the rest of the world what NOT to become.

No-one said being the leader was easy but at least lead by example as the country that others should be looking up to and not down upon.

Your people are good people Blitty for the most part. Its just the country you lot reside in that can eat my shorts man...

I typically always tip 15 - 20%, but it does piss me off if the service is bad. I feel compelled to tip. One thing I stopped doing is donating to a cause or charity at a department store i.e. Costco, Walmart, Home Depot etc. These big box stores do this often and they are the ones who get the tax break when making the donation. That bugs the shit out of me. It really does. I go directly to the charity website to make my donation.

I HATE those store charities. There are prizes and incentives for the stores to push those, comes right out of your donation. Its amazing how much overhead there is in charities.

We are only fascinated with US gun control (or lack thereof) because 4 as long as I've been alive the US has always painted itself as the social beacon of freedom for the international community to follow, when in reality the social fabric is so torn that you are teaching the rest of the world what NOT to become.

No-one said being the leader was easy but at least lead by example as the country that others should be looking up to and not down upon.

Your people are good people Blitty for the most part. Its just the country you lot reside in that can eat my shorts man...

Kind of hard to take you guys serious after the whole 'Criminals get sent to your continent' thing..

XPYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :guitar:

haters_gonna_hate_2.jpg

I like tipping. I've been employed in a tip role and as a top performer in everything I do (except being a successful attorney) I would always prefer pay for performance. Blitty hates my free-wheeling tipping policy.

I like tipping. I've been employed in a tip role and as a top performer in everything I do (except being a successful attorney) I would always prefer pay for performance. Blitty hates my free-wheeling tipping policy.

You always tip the same flat rate, bone bone.

Performance doesn't affect your flat rate ever.

Blitty is a hard sell. -Jade, Montreal stripper

Be easier not to have to calculate the amount ....... but people have varying opinions on how much to give!

so fucking tired of going to walmart/kroger/other grocery and getting hit up for money before i walk in and after i walk out...every fucking weekend... boys club, girls club, church this church that...fuck you, leave me alone

:guitar:

It's really easy for other smaller countries to say:

"Lead by example as the country others should be looking up to and not down upon."

I think those other countries should lead their own way and get off our nuts.

It seems like doing our own thing and not giving a fuck what others think has worked out decently so far..