Who is Christmas shopping on Black Thursday/Friday?

• Start date
  • Replies 118 Comments
  • Views 5,324 Views
Since you're an athiest Matty, I recommend you buy nothing and tell your family to respect your beliefs.

Interesting notion: that Christmas is related to religion in some way.

Now back to a real Xmas topic ---> shopping on Black Friday. No way for me. The concept strikes me as completely wretched and I just don't care that much about money.

I have started my Christmas shopping already - by email. My family circulates group emails where we all lob out ideas of what we want - and often my mom and sister actually buy stuff for themselves (and hubbies) and say they will wrap it and stick it under the tree if anyone wants to give it. We can of course pay them whenever.

I pounce on that stuff like a cheetah on an ibix.

I can't decide where that concept fits in with the true spirit of Christmas but dammit, that's some good stuff in my book.

And then I'll probably get gift cards for a couple other people - which can also be considered cheating although probably not as much.

The kid is probably the only one I'll really shop for, meaning I'll take an idea from an email and buy it exactly.

I'm just not that into it. I channel all my extreme charm into other areas.

I want to buy a new tv.

What do you think a medium grade 41 inch tv should cost me in Canada?

Bout a hundred dollars.

th

So far I spent $1100 online. Bought a new TV, blue ray player, sound bar, nintendo 3DS for kids with a couple games, surface tablet for wife. At least I didn't have to wait in the cold.

"them" look like nice boniculars for the price. Good reveiws as well. Matty I need som camera advice sometime in December. If you don't mind.

Be glad to assist mon ami.

Just got the word that at 8 I will be assisting my pregnant wife in shopping. Just packed mini cooler to keep in car for sporadic refill of coffee mug.

drove by walmart/target that are next to each other... people were parked in lots across the 6lane main road in front of them and the line to get in was wrapped around each building..fuck that... i cant imagine how long you would have to wait to check out... at least an hour...again, fuck that

Went to Macy 's and got a few things already. Piece of cake. Back to the car to refill cup. Off to Kohl's now. Naples is a very tame place, so much more laid back than Miami. So far we are winning.

The comet died so I didn't get the binoculars.

Having non-buyer's remorse right now.