When will MLB Opening Day be? Post prediction

• Start date
  • Replies 337 Comments
  • Views 20,006 Views
I think I missed it by 13 days.

July 1 in Arizona with no fans -150

Interesting

What would their spring training, getting into game shape plan be, especially for pitchers?

April 8 2021

Since I went for an easy one, I'll add the condition that the season will run as normal after a vaccine would have been announced during the Winter

NFL plays a shorter season ending in Dec, Superbowl before Christmas

Vegas Dave ain’t gonna like this.

Hope it happens!

You'll see in the corona thread I mentioned basketball, football, and hockey as too high-risk. Left baseball out for a reason. It is weirdly a sport in which the actual gameplay is pretty conducive to not spreading this disease. And the physical toll on the lungs is pretty low, too... how often are ball players pushed to being out of breath?

If any sport works in the current climate, it'd be baseball. Would have to make some adjustments to the locker room/bullpen/dugout and un-train years of spitting all over the place. But it could be done. I still don't think it will be, but it could.

I just saw Anderson Cooper interviewing Magic Johnson.

If Magic Johnson is in the inner MLB circle (it’s possible, he owns a part of the Dodgers), MLB will be playing regular season games by late June.

A well thought out article on how MLB could play a 108 game season (or something close to that) utilizing Arizona and Florida

A well thought out article on how MLB could play a 108 game season (or something close to that) utilizing Arizona and Florida

A good, long read that does seem to make a lot of sense! If I get it right, 16 teams FLA, 14 teams ARI, few?/no? doubleheaders needed and they might only play teams in their respective state?

IF MLB were to try one of this scenarios

where will the minor league baseball players be playing?

the rosters of MLB are constantly changing with injuries and guys sucking and getting demoted. You need to have a good group of guys to be able to fill in very quickly.

IF MLB were to try one of this scenarios

where will the minor league baseball players be playing?

the rosters of MLB are constantly changing with injuries and guys sucking and getting demoted. You need to have a good group of guys to be able to fill in very quickly.

Great question.

The injury scenario is the real problem there. Guys sucking is not as much of a thing because all teams would have guys sucking and all of them no access to guys on the farm

Magic Johnson has been inside MANY inner circles.

What's the history of OVER/UNDERS first couple weeks of the season when there is a delay or shortened season?

What's the angle?

I'm ready. Can't wait for real sports.

I just saw Anderson Cooper interviewing Magic Johnson.

If Magic Johnson is in the inner MLB circle (it’s possible, he owns a part of the Dodgers), MLB will be playing regular season games by late June.

I’m feeling really good about my Memorial Day prediction
For MLB regular season games?

I think there’s a 1% chance of MLB playing regular season games by Memorial Day

For MLB regular season games?

I think there’s a 1% chance of MLB playing regular season games by Memorial Day

I’m probably naive. I was hoping they would forgo spring training and get right into the season.

They haven't even agreed on a plan yet.

I have zero hopes of seeing NHL playoffs this year, and I'm even concerned about the 2020/21 season.