What would you tell your 20 year old self?

• Start date
  • Replies 183 Comments
  • Views 8,940 Views
Don't gamble on sports

Find a job that makes the most money possible. Everything is better with money.

I was just thinking when I bought the first iPhone in 2007 and shares cost $27. Should have gone with gut.

I bought apple in 2003, after I bought my first ipod. Sold within 2 years to go on a vacation.

pastrami incident

2007, I was working right next to the most famous eatery in Montreal (Schwartz's Deli). Place was always overcrowded so I would grab a sandwich from the competition down the street, which was just as good and had almost zero traffic.

Anyhoo, one busy summer day I ate lunch too late, the meat had been sitting there God knows how long.

I started exploding all over the office bathroom in 5-minute cycles. My apt about 500 yards away from the office at the time, so I figured that I could go through a bout of bowel explosions, quickly wipe up and run home to try and get some rest.

I made it as far as my building's elevator. Luckily it was a solo ride up to the 21st floor.

I grabbed a garbage bag, stepped into the shower and chucked my shorts and underwear in the bag as I was rinsing myself off of the bacteria-infested poop shrapnel.

There ya go.

:lmao:

Matty your candidness as usual is unreal. Classic story. Wow. This puppy just went 5 stars.

2007, I was working right next to the most famous eatery in Montreal (Schwartz's Deli). Place was always overcrowded so I would grab a sandwich from the competition down the street, which was just as good and had almost zero traffic.

Anyhoo, one busy summer day I ate lunch too late, the meat had been sitting there God knows how long.

I started exploding all over the office bathroom in 5-minute cycles. My apt about 500 yards away from the office at the time, so I figured that I could go through a bout of bowel explosions, quickly wipe up and run home to try and get some rest.

I made it as far as my building's elevator. Luckily it was a solo ride up to the 21st floor.

I grabbed a garbage bag, stepped into the shower and chucked my shorts and underwear in the bag as I was rinsing myself off of the bacteria-infested poop shrapnel.

There ya go.
What did you do with the bag?

why, straight down the garbage chute

IAG
Talk to me in 15 years.

More money solves a LOT of problems. You are fortunate to be currently living a lifestyle you are.

If my parents needed care I do not know how I could manage. They do not have money and I cannot afford to leave my job for them. 15 years I fear I will be preaching the same thing but louder.

You are fortunate to be currently living a lifestyle you are.

You're kidding right? bwahahahahaha

And money doesn't solve the biggest problems..health, heartbreak...

fortunate to be financially able to do it.

mom's situation aside

fortunate to be financially able to do it.

mom's situation aside
She is financially able to do it...not me. I am fortunate that dad's planning allows a situation that works out for both of us financially, but you can't put "mom's situation aside" when you are talking about "lifestyle." This is not a lucky lifestyle.

as long as someone is....money makes things easier.
Oh definitely. My only argument was your choice of words saying I was lucky to live this lifestyle. It's not like we're sitting in the house 24 hours a day eating caviar and being fanned by Greek Adonises....Adoni? what's the plural of Adonis?

Choose carefully which hand you wipe with. Someone may ask you that one day and you will have to explain your answer.

:lmao: you funny today IAG

never EVER wipe again with a chinese star you just took off of a ninja. Strictly tp or corncobs from here on out.

I would have told myself to be more financially responsible.
I suppose there are other things to, but they way I see, what's done is done. I think the more important question for me, is what can I do now to improve my life? Also, 20 is only ten years back for me, which is a large time span, but I think the same advice I would give my 20 year old self, I would give myself now as well.