What would you tell your 20 year old self?

• Start date
  • Replies 183 Comments
  • Views 8,950 Views
Stop gambling on pro line. Cut your hair. Sign up for college. Get out of bed. Do something.

Prevent plommer from starting that 'nucking figgers thread' at sbr.

Fuck I miss sbr.

:lmao: :cheers:

For the record it was Ficking Nuggers.

Was impressed with the niggas that had my back on that one. Most are still here at gamelive today.

Fukkhead John was offended by the word niggardly. I remember that.

I would have told myself to be more financially responsible.
I suppose there are other things to, but they way I see, what's done is done. I think the more important question for me, is what can I do now to improve my life? Also, 20 is only ten years back for me, which is a large time span, but I think the same advice I would give my 20 year old self, I would give myself now as well.

I was going to ask that...what advice do you see yourself in 10 years giving your x age self. I wonder if I will tell myself I should have read more and posted less.

IAG
Oh definitely. My only argument was your choice of words saying I was lucky to live this lifestyle. It's not like we're sitting in the house 24 hours a day eating caviar and being fanned by Greek Adonises....Adoni? what's the plural of Adonis?

Wallaaay!

Ol Wal is 2 Adonises.

Fiver, please avoid this thread! You had a great 2013, everything pointed in the right direction ^^^ POSITIVE thoughts! No rehashing!

That's why I said head South! There's 1000 things I could do different, but by saying head South then that gets rid of all the stuff that could occur! I get rid of 1 thing in NJ and then there's still 999 more to make disappear!

Appreciate your dad more. A lot more.

IAG
Oh definitely. My only argument was your choice of words saying I was lucky to live this lifestyle. It's not like we're sitting in the house 24 hours a day eating caviar and being fanned by Greek Adonises....Adoni? what's the plural of Adonis?

no your argument was me saying to take a job that pays a lot of money.

Growing up I always wanted to be a teacher. When in college I switched because I found out how little they made. if I realized how important money is then I would've went for an even higher paying occupation.

I know teachers here locally and they live a horrible life. really makes me mad. They are in their 30s or 40s still living with their parents. The ones that moved out have small apartments. They have to really watch their spending. The only ones that are happy married someone who makes more money

IAG
I was going to ask that...what advice do you see yourself in 10 years giving your x age self. I wonder if I will tell myself I should have read more and posted less.

hmmm, I'm not really sure. It's hard to say, I think that there are just certain pieces of advise that I would need to hear and hold onto through out my entire life.

biggest regret.....

have more sex when you are single.....no one ever looks back and says wish I had less sex

no your argument was me saying to take a job that pays a lot of money.

Growing up I always wanted to be a teacher. When in college I switched because I found out how little they made. if I realized how important money is then I would've went for an even higher paying occupation.

I know teachers here locally and they live a horrible life. really makes me mad. They are in their 30s or 40s still living with their parents. The ones that moved out have small apartments. They have to really watch their spending. The only ones that are happy married someone who makes more money
You are saying they have a horrible life. Do they think they are? I know plenty of teachers who love their job and life.

And you are happily married to someone who makes more money...go be a teacher!

IAG, 2nd day in back in the saddle and this thread! Wonderful thread but please, your life in SD is yours! If at all possible, take your mom and the both of you head to Tennessee! If not this summer plan ahead and go in 2015!

You said I think some relative was there? Pogo probably will also feel better there! Who the hell what's to take a crap in -17 degree weather! I bet you if Pogo had to do it all over again, he would start crapping in the house early in life so you got use to it and by now just a way of life for you to clean up after him! Poor Pogo! :sad:

IAG
You are saying they have a horrible life. Do they think they are? I know plenty of teachers who love their job and life.

And you are happily married to someone who makes more money...go be a teacher!

maybe things are different where you live. Where I live everything is expensive. But I think the more money theory applies to everyone.

my wife makes a good amount and we still fight about money once a week. It will be the reason we won't have kids and eventually don't end up married anymore.

IAG, 2nd day in back in the saddle and this thread! Wonderful thread but please, your life in SD is yours! If at all possible, take your mom and the both of you head to Tennessee! If not this summer plan ahead and go in 2015!

You said I think some relative was there? Pogo probably will also feel better there! Who the hell what's to take a crap in -17 degree weather! I bet you if Pogo had to do it all over again, he would start crapping in the house early in life so you got use to it and by now just a way of life for you to clean up after him! Poor Pogo! :sad:

Hahaha Monkey ...Mom will be 89 this year and is in a wheelchair. I am lucky she makes it to the "day care" 8 hours a week, much less Tennessee. It really wouldn't matter much if we were here or there...it's not like we can get out much and it is not recommended to move Alz patients across the country regardless. Day by day.

:lol: on Pogo. He even peed inside the house today! Little fok.