What would you tell your 20 year old self?

• Start date
  • Replies 183 Comments
  • Views 9,060 Views
Thanks, Mr Monkey. You've always got my back.

2014 off to a real shitty start but I will stay positive.

maybe things are different where you live. Where I live everything is expensive. But I think the more money theory applies to everyone.

my wife makes a good amount and we still fight about money once a week. It will be the reason we won't have kids and eventually don't end up married anymore.

I had just as many money issues making 100k as I did making 18k....for lemons like us, it will always be an issue. That's why I say better to do something you enjoy ...most will never be happy with their monetary situation anyway.

He lives in Honolulu Monkey..he already won the zip code lottery in life.

Split the 2014 Superbowl auction with Andy.

Thanks, Mr Monkey. You've always got my back.

2014 off to a real shitty start but I will stay positive.

rally fiver

you have it all

IAG
I had just as many money issues making 100k as I did making 18k....

There's it is! Was expecting this to eventually come out of Shadow's mouth! To each his own, but WAY TOO MANY people living above their means! I feel bad for the young generation today cause IMO they sense how fuked up the world is and they really don't give a crap!

They don't strive to make more money to have and do more things, just floating along in life trying to be as happy as possible! Probably the older generation (including myself) has to accept some blame for their attitude! Anyone honestly seriously need financial assistance to sort things out, let me know! It might not be what you want to hear, but tough love never is!

budgets people, budgets

-Saulty

IAG
He lives in Honolulu Monkey..he already won the zip code lottery in life.

That's right! No disrespect but don't even what to hear your problems! Hawaii, yea expensive I know ..... move to Tennessee ..... get more bang for your buck!

IAG
Hahaha Monkey ...Mom will be 89 this year and is in a wheelchair.

I understand! God forbid she goes soon but forget bout Denver or wherever and possibly think hard bout Tennessee! If a relative is there who would enjoy your move ..... might be great!

Better weather ...... Southern people are so cool for the most part! MrsM and I fell in luv with the South! You cool with them, they cool with you! Go to Tennessee and get a real tan!

I understand! God forbid she goes soon but forget bout Denver or wherever and possibly think hard bout Tennessee! If a relative is there who would enjoy your move ..... might be great!

Better weather ...... Southern people are so cool for the most part! MrsM and I fell in luv with the South! You cool with them, they cool with you! Go to Tennessee and get a real tan!

Oh I have no plans to go back to Denver. I am currently renting my place and will probably sell within the next 2 years. Believe me...the Tennessee thing is on the plate....getting strong consideration.

And don't say "God forbid she go soon." Don't get me wrong...I love my mom and can't imagine my life with her gone, but anyone who has been down the Alz journey knows it's a blessing to go before the end stage. Mom talks constantly about wanting to die. This disease has two people "imprisoned." You guys saw her in a good moment on the video...most are not like that.

IAG, my Dad's 93 and still has his marbles! He says once in awhile "I could die anyday, I've had a good life, I'm not worried!" So one time recently I replied back immediately "I'm not either!" He LOL! He has a good sense of humor!

IAG, my Dad's 93 and still has his marbles! He says once in awhile "I could die anyday, I've had a good life, I'm not worried!" So one time recently I replied back immediately "I'm not either!" He LOL! He has a good sense of humor!

That's hilarious. Marbles are a good thing to have at 93!!! Or 43~!

Loyalty is one thing but overboard is another. If you don't think she's cool don't give her a fucking ring, asshat.

IAG
I am currently renting my place and will probably sell within the next 2 years

Not to be too noisy ..... but if small mortgage amount ...... some positive cash flow there ...... and possible Mother goes to heaven by next Feb ....

Without question an available man like this guy would luv to accompany you to Los Cabo ......

richard-gere-american-gigolo-2_450-1.jpg

.... you can leave the dolphin at home! :up:

Not to be too noisy ..... but if small mortgage amount ...... some positive cash flow there ...... and possible Mother goes to heaven by next Feb ....

Without question an available man like this guy would luv to accompany you to Los Cabo ......

richard-gere-american-gigolo-2_450-1.jpg

.... you can leave the dolphin at home! :up:
haha you said noisy....that looks like my Paragliding pilot guy.

IAG
You are saying they have a horrible life. Do they think they are? I know plenty of teachers who love their job and life.

And you are happily married to someone who makes more money...go be a teacher!

I would love my life if I had summers off, two weeks vacation around the holidays ,and another week off at Easter.

So you guys are saying I should do what I enjoy for less money....I seriously can't do what is enjoyable and put meals on the table in Hawaii..... move to Tennessee and never see my family except once a year?

That doesn't seem like a good life to me. pretty SOL if you ask me.

what is the answer? More $

Budgeting is a great idea guys....but if you are asking me, would I rather eat ramen noodles everyday as a teacher, or have studied harder for a more financially stable career and eat actual meals....i'll take the latter all day long