Welcome to the NHL: LAS VEGAS

• Start date
  • Replies 69 Comments
  • Views 6,025 Views
The expansion draft could be interesting. In theory they have devised a set of rules that will let the new team be as close to competitive immediately as any expansion team has ever been.

So let the finagling and tricky dealing on the part of GM's begin.

Two big problems with QC City - revenues come in in CAD while costs are USD. That's a big reason the Nordiques left in the first place. The market is not big enough to deal with a potentially HUGH currency imbalance. The new arena was built when CAD was at par or higher than USD.

The other problem is the same that plagues the Flames and Oilers, i.e. lots of players simply don't want to go there. These teams are forced to pay a premium for substandard players.

I would love to have the Nordiques back but it doesn't seem feasible in the short term.

How come Canadian players don't want to go to Canada?

Income tax is the big one. In the case of QC City, the language is another one. Qubec is not nearly as bilingual as Montral.

Income tax is the big one. In the case of QC City, the language is another one. Qubec is not nearly as bilingual as Montral.

Don't know that I'd necessarily agree with that if you take a damn good look at it.

:what?:

Flop my nuts, eggerballs.

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this I was too busy flopping a set and taking down a $600 pot.

But yeah you guys nailed whatever the fuck you're talking about.

Plommer's numbers tell it like I have stated in the past! Quebec was the logical choice, not the largest population but those fans luv and deserve NHL hockey! Even if they talk with a funny accent! Phoenix is not doing good and Carolina even worst attendance wise so once a non HOCKEY city folds hopefully Vegas sticks!

I know the NHL has 16 East and 14 West teams and probably didn't want a 17/14 thing but the Red Wings could gone to the West! I always have seen them as a rival to the Blackhawks! Bettman chasing a potential big payout down the road?

Detroit left the West because they were the only team playing conference games 3 time zones away. Fans complained when the road games were starting at 10PM.

I originally figured that, isolated frozen tundra was the obvious answer.

There is that. Lots of team in the northeast frozen tundra though. I guess QC City is a little worse than most.

I loved the crazy August heat in Vegas. Just need to keep hydrating.

I loved the crazy August heat in Vegas. Just need to keep hydrating.

:up:I got used to it pretty good when I started riding bicycle from Silverado Ranch to the Hilton daily :pope:

As long as Canada doesn't get a team this is great news for US hockey. We will keep collecting Stanley Cups and Canadians would be hiding in their closets during playoffs.

Ya think the Golden Knights owner is happy right now?!? He just went from pioneer to also-ran status in 5 seconds. He's fokkin screwed.

Similar to the situation in Nashville years ago. The Predators started up and had the town but then the Tennessee Titans showed up.

There is no doubt which is the more valuable commodity but the Predators have carried on.