• Replies 69 Comments
  • Views 6,026 Views

Blitty

guitartown
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Hopefully the dominoes start to fall and we can get even more teams in the South West!!

Santa Fe, Salt Lake, Tijuana.. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TMobile-Arena-Las-Vegas-featured-640x424.png

:inyourface::inyourface::inyourface::inyourface::inyourface:

I seriously might move to Vegas next year.

The best part about this expansion is that QUEBEC AND HAMILTON GOT DENIED!! LOLZZZOBOB

Yessss! My new favorite team. Is it official?

Yes.

Possibly the: Black Knights ?

oh I hope not. Hows that related to Vegas ..or anything? the Gamblers, The Poker Tables, The Stardust, The Mobsters. The Everybody Hates Bettmans.

oh I hope not. Hows that related to Vegas ..or anything? the Gamblers, The Poker Tables, The Stardust, The Mobsters. The Everybody Hates Bettmans.

Wranglers is decent.

When Vegas had a minor league hockey team, I used to go to the games and they had a decent turnout. I would go to a game when I go back to visit.

Plommer's numbers tell it like I have stated in the past! Quebec was the logical choice, not the largest population but those fans luv and deserve NHL hockey! Even if they talk with a funny accent! Phoenix is not doing good and Carolina even worst attendance wise so once a non HOCKEY city folds hopefully Vegas sticks!

I know the NHL has 16 East and 14 West teams and probably didn't want a 17/14 thing but the Red Wings could gone to the West! I always have seen them as a rival to the Blackhawks! Bettman chasing a potential big payout down the road?

2013 NUMBERS:

fivethirtyeight-0530-nhl2-blog480-v211.png

slash the miami numbers by half, considering 70% of the county is latino and the arena is way up in broward country about an hour away from miami in the gringo areas

Two big problems with QC City - revenues come in in CAD while costs are USD. That's a big reason the Nordiques left in the first place. The market is not big enough to deal with a potentially HUGH currency imbalance. The new arena was built when CAD was at par or higher than USD.

The other problem is the same that plagues the Flames and Oilers, i.e. lots of players simply don't want to go there. These teams are forced to pay a premium for substandard players.

I would love to have the Nordiques back but it doesn't seem feasible in the short term.

Two big problems with QC City - revenues come in in CAD while costs are USD. That's a big reason the Nordiques left in the first place. The market is not big enough to deal with a potentially HUGH currency imbalance. The new arena was built when CAD was at par or higher than USD.

Yes. I did read something about that issue! Well then Trudeau better get his act together and do something about it!
:mudcat: