We don't talk about much GL..

• Start date
  • Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 7,811 Views
I see it. Good shit l-)

Elton John is good. I play a couple or three Elton John songs on piano and could stand to learn more.

Solid material.

Elton John is good. I play a couple or three Elton John songs on piano and could stand to learn more.

Solid material.

I heard awhile back that he doesn't write his own shit though. I don't respect that.

I heard awhile back that he doesn't write his own shit though. I don't respect that.
Elton would likely be devastated to learn this.

Stevey, for his sake please keep this to yourself.

GL needs more Elton

Elton John does write his own shit. Like many great songwriters, he collaborates. He writes instrumentals and has worked with different lyricists.

Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics to most of his most famous stuff. He has also worked with some other guy (the name Tim Rice comes to mind ???) on stuff such as The Lion King.

Elton doesnt write his own music??????:unicornmindfuck:
WHAT? that cant be true

Muddy, can you play Rocketman?

I could not just sit down and play Rocket Man at this second but I'm sure I could put a little arrangement together pretty quickly if I set my mind to it. It is not wildly complex.

do it for GL
and post it:greencheck:

A quick run-through reminds me that it has those pesky high notes that Elton likes that are definitely not my forte. Same problem with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I can play a simplified piano arrangement but the singing gets dicey.

I feel I should spare the board my Rocket Man.

Rocket Man please :yes:

Muddy, do this!!

A quick run-through reminds me that it has those pesky high notes that Elton likes that are definitely not my forte. Same problem with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I can play a simplified piano arrangement but the singing gets dicey.

Matt Rain has access to Autotune. Do it.

Matt Rain has access to Autotune. Do it.

:biglaugh: I'm curious to try it on someone who at least tries to sing in a key, any one key.