• Replies 107 Comments
  • Views 3,254 Views

bacon

Banned
Since
Jun 25, 2012
Score
Tokens
I know a few here dabble and a few do more than dabble. I thought maybe we could riff about it some. I'm a good ways through this book and I really dig it; learning about structure and basic concepts, such a noob. So far a bunch of titles written down and some crappy stuff to go over basic barre chords. It's funny to be in a bar and hear someone say something that sounds like a good title and text it to myself. All artsy fartsy and shit. Cool shit.

what? you're reading a book on songwriting? Is that what I'm hearing?

music is its own reward brother bacon. I work for free, but I'm not going to enrich some capitalist swine :punches:

:lol: fair enough

It's an open invite based on my schedule. I'm sure the projects will be pouring in soon. Be right back this call is from the Kings of Leon, word probably got out and they want me to write for them.

Songwriting just happens, or it doesn't

Not sure what other advice I could offer

And lol at the book but I hope it works out baron

I know the book is noobsauce :lol: I do love it though

Baby steps. Thanks Cougs.

brother B, I just read the description of book. Does sound alluring I must admit.
I want to travel to songwriting centers and live a songwriters life.

Don't make me post the video of me covering that cougar bait song..

why does this thread insist on staying bold, even when there's no new posts?

I fucked around w the programming a little bit

Doesn't for me man

Beginning of my book:

Find an interesting chord progression and then (this is the hardest part) come up with an interesting vocal melody for your verses/bridge/chorus/post chorus. You can work on the lyrics as you go along and tweak them later.

Middle of my book:

No one will care about the lyrics if the vocal melody sucks.

When you've got something that stands alone nicely with just guitar or piano accompaniment, start thinking about what kind of production you'd like to go for.

End of my book

Troner, why not play one of your original tunes for us?

Am I the only one that takes this place seriously? :robyn:

Retired.

But I may come out of retirement for one more song I've been tweaking on and off for literally 15 years.

:chickendance: