We can talk about songwriting

• Start date
  • Replies 107 Comments
  • Views 3,325 Views
Music business. What a concept. :sparesomecutter:

I forgot all about that book that I was half way through. You had better believe that it just got placed it in the bathroom.

I love you gueys.

Even Petty is calling it an accident. He's being very cool about the whole thing and wishing peace and love to everyone.

Which doesn't change the fact he took every legal recourse available to him until he got his meathooks into a songwriting credit.

Is it him or the company that owns the rights to his soul?

he probably owns the company that own the rights to his soul

We can also

IAG that was for YOU my sister from another mister

A new hit country song has gotten my attention for lyrical style.

The refrain begins:

She was like, oh my god, this is my song

Then later it says:

She was like, come here boy, I wanna dance

It is one thing to be a blithering, babbling airhead with weak conversational skills - it's a sign of the times - but to put it formally into a song lyric?

Kinda like, ugh.
I'll be hearing this live tonight. I will be thinking of you Muddy.

Hm. I expressed that with a little more passion than I honestly feel about it. In my heart, it is pretty much whateva.

I find it to be the country equivalent of Miley Cyrus. Which is fine. She's nodding her head like yeah. She's moving her hips like yeah

Whateva. People like stuff. People are different.

Maybe I already made that Miley Cyrus comparison.

Hm. I expressed that with a little more passion than I honestly feel about it. In my heart, it is pretty much whateva.

I find it to be the country equivalent of Miley Cyrus. Which is fine. She's nodding her head like yeah. She's moving her hips like yeah

Whateva. People like stuff. People are different.

Maybe I already made that Miley Cyrus comparison.
I hear ya. Zach Brown of ZB Band called Luke Bryan's "Country Girl shake it for me" the worst song ever written..like ever. Yet it was probably his biggest hit. Entertainer of the Year last 2 years. He must be doing something right, even if it's just appealing to the masses.

"Bro Country" is apparently the big thing now.

I find Country Girl Shake it For Me pretty awful.

At least it sort of makes something else make sense - which is that Girl in a Country Song song - which I probably talked about here - all about how girls are treated so objectively in country music - which they're not at all.

They are, for the most part, worshipped as Madonnas, from what I see.

But that song - sure.

I find Country Girl Shake it For Me pretty awful.

At least it sort of makes something else make sense - which is that Girl in a Country Song song - which I probably talked about here - all about how girls are treated so objectively in country music - which they're not at all.

They are, for the most part, worshipped as Madonnas, from what I see.

But that song - sure.
Definitely not my favorite. ...

Yeah. I just heard that Girl in a Country song song for the first time recently, and immediately knew that was at least in part, directed at Bryan. I do like "That's my kind of night," but I think that is one of the songs that was targeted in GIACS. I can absolutely see their point personally.

Actually it was "That's my kind of night" that Zach Brown said was worst song ever...

Anyone making a claim of worst [anything] ever, is almost always going to be an eye-roller for me. You don't like it. That's enough.

People need to CALM DOWN.

GIACS, as I see it, is basically about something that is already how they want it to a massive extent - like 99% - and they are whining because it is not 100.

I even did that for awhile. I would say to Harmony, "See? He loves his girl in a country song," whenever a song came on where that was the case. It was a lot of songs. Take out the songs about alcohol - it was most songs.

My thing got old fast.

The song you started off talking about would certainly fit the bill. Dude loves his girl in a country song.

Anyone making a claim of worst [anything] ever, is almost always going to be an eye-roller for me. You don't like it. That's enough.

People need to CALM DOWN.

GIACS, as I see it, is basically about something that is already how they want it to a massive extent - like 99% - and they are whining because it is not 100.

I even did that for awhile. I would say to Harmony, "See? He loves his girl in a country song," whenever a song came on where that was the case. It was a lot of songs. Take out the songs about alcohol - it was most songs.

My thing got old fast.

The song you started off talking about would certainly fit the bill. Dude loves his girl in a country song.
I don't think "Country girl shake it for me." fits the bill. I'm guessing they were probably thinking about a lot of the videos that accompany those songs when they wrote that. Very clich. Like this one.

Juice Newton

Have a new progression in the works - KOL/U2 type thing

it's gonna be gold