Tronnaaaayy....

Congrats with the new gig Tron. Care to share what you are now doing?

Doubtful. Pretty sure he regrets sharing his previous profession with the forum.

Doubtful. Pretty sure he regrets sharing his previous profession with the forum.

Let me see how this new gig pans out first. If I'm doing job searches in 2 months I'll feel like a tard for switching careers.

As far as the regret part, Only that cops are not the most likeable bunch so you kinda get lumped in to all that.

Tron good deal man grats clearly you're jumping into real estate let me know if you need any advice

Means a lot coming from you, baco.

:cheersbuddy:

As it should Tronner this is not fucking play time pal

:abc:

Let me see how this new gig pans out first. If I'm doing job searches in 2 months I'll feel like a tard for switching careers.

As far as the regret part, Only that cops are not the most likeable bunch so you kinda get lumped in to all that.

Tron, this is a compliment.

You never came across as an asshole (cop), far from it.

I was definitely surprised to learn that you were in LE.

That's good to hear, Plommy. I always felt a bit of an outsider in that profession. It's a very square, inside - the - box profession. But I'll always cherish the times I got to take take a guy to jail who just smashed out a car window in a park or broke into someone's house while they were out earning an honest living.

That's good to hear, Plommy. I always felt a bit of an outsider in that profession. It's a very square, inside - the - box profession. But I'll always cherish the times I got to take take a guy to jail who just smashed out a car window in a park or broke into someone's house while they were out earning an honest living.

My problems with the police had more to do with making things personal.
Years ago I was out on bail and one of the conditions was to report any changes of address to the officer in charge.

I had to move, so I called the cop and told him I was moving, gave him my new address and he said no problem. When I went to sign in at the police station (every Wed) they arrested me because I never notified him in writing. So I spent another night in jail, have another bail hearing and pay the lawyer again etc etc. Even the Crown prosecutor at the bail hearing was annoyed at the cop for wasting everyones time. This guy wanted to teach me a lesson over and above what the law required.

I also wasn't a fan of being lectured. I never once started it with a cop but I never took shit either. When a massage parlour I was in got raided for "licensing issues" the cop wanted to lecture me about supporting organized crime by being a patron of the establishment etc, I told him to fuck off if I wasn't being charged - I like massage parlours (as do many off duty cops). I wasn't charged.

My mother worked in internal affairs at a mid sized police force in Florida from 1989 - 2001 and saw what bad coppers are capable of.

One time I got pulled over late at night in an industrial part of the city, the cop ( a big SCARY looking red headed fukk) had an attitude and was cursing at me and calling me names, I cursed at him back and we were face to face screaming at each other. When the second cop car showed up I thought I was dead, strangely enough the first cop just threw my license at me and told me to fuck off. I respected that.

I realize now how much I would love to be a cop. Make six figures, retire at 55, end up if a defined benefit pension, bitches love you, get paid to be an asshole, be a part of the blue line... what a life.

Too late in life for that now. Back to searching for office jobs where $50k a year is my ceiling.

Shoot me. :boxcleanersdaddy:

I realize now how much I would love to be a cop. Make six figures, retire at 55, end up if a defined benefit pension, bitches love you, get paid to be an asshole, be a part of the blue line... what a life.

Too late in life for that now. Back to searching for office jobs where $50k a year is my ceiling.

It's a high risk and dangerous job! One mistake and you won't see retirement! Dealing with so many fukups who have no respect for the law or anything in general these days! I don't think it would have been you my friend! Continue on your path looking forward!

I never thought they found those guys.

Do Mounties make 6 figures?

I think NYPD starts at 31k..

Our streetcar drivers make 6 figures.

Streetcar?

As opposed to bike/horse enforcement?

Blitty is right.. 31k. However, college degree = detective and like 55k.

Our subway drivers make 6 figures eventually.

Oh you meant the trolley thing.. MTA jobs are legit.