Toronto braces for a week of freezing temperatures after a long January thaw

• Start date
  • Replies 82 Comments
  • Views 5,356 Views
Muddy you ever bike around on a pond full of ice skating people just to prove a point?

Do you use studded tires in the winter? (Yes you.)

My last bicycle-on-ice memory is not very good. I don't think it can actually be done with regular tires.

Ice is a dealbreaker for me. Stupid fucking ice.

I just went for a walk and yeah it's cold. For awhile I was like, "Ehh, this is nothing - what's all the fuss?" but then I hit a couple of wind tunnel spots and I got the point.

Spirit of arctic exploration is what it is.

im headed out on my bike right now. no helmet. old bike, don't even know how to ride it.

Be careful and don't run over any joggers!

Oh man.

please_die.jpg

What did I miss? Does durito have a new forum stalker or something?

Zero is creepy. Zero why must you stalk Rito?

It's too cold out. the cat will run out, go to the bathroom, and then right back in. Normally we can't keep her in, and now she doesn't want out! (can't say I blame her though)

ok; it is cold out; I just got in from work and it is legitimate cold! Ottawa; cold, cold. Really cold..... Cold as a witches tit; Cold as a whore's heart; Cold as a mother in laws love.... COLD

mrquincy what does your work consist of when there's no shows?

I primarily noticed two things during my walk yesterday

1) The extreme coldness on the face, especially in the spots of extreme wind. No real surprise there.

2) It got really cold on my wrists. The cold found a way to sneak in between my gloves and the end of my coat sleeves and attack the wrists. That seemed new.

Blitty left Quebec just at the right time. -27C/-17F right now.