Toronto braces for a week of freezing temperatures after a long January thaw

• Start date
  • Replies 82 Comments
  • Views 5,414 Views
I will be in Toronto (for a visit) within the next 8 months.

Toronto has been formally WARNED.

How are our Toronto brethren doing this morning?
Damn cold here, 5 degrees F and with the windchill it's -15 F. Fok
It's cold. We might get a "significant accumulation of snow" on Friday.
BLAH

I'm actually a hair outside Toronto but I'll chime in.

It's cold. -13C (9 f)

The roads and sidewalks are completely clear but I need to head over to the store today and I find that this temp is too cold for bike riding. So I'll just walk.

I'm sure lots of people are complaining but it's no big thing for me.

Muddy, days like today make me wish I had a hat.
I closed all the windows and turned the heat up, and I'm under the blanket, but I still feel chilly.

Gotta have a hat.

attachment.php

morehelmet 005.jpg

-34C/-29F in Thunder Bay right now. -43C with wind chill. :lmao: :surrender:

HOLY FUCK MATTY. and I thought it was cold here.

RogRog, I'm jelly. That sounds so nice right now.

so you ride the bike in the winter ha. Seems like a pain. I haven't ridden mine since first snow.

Who me? Sure. It's not a pain at all. It's no different than bike riding any time. You dress for the conditions and hop on and away you go.

Now ice on the ground = no good, and there is a point of coldness where breathing starts getting more uncomfortable so I don't ride then. I think of -5C as the cutoff. But there are still lots of windows. I definitely ride less in the winter but I never just put my bike away.

Muddy you ever bike around on a pond full of ice skating people just to prove a point?

Do you use studded tires in the winter? (Yes you.)

My last bicycle-on-ice memory is not very good. I don't think it can actually be done with regular tires.

10F, feels like 3F.

Atleast there isn't snow.

Fok this shitty weather.

It was 30 F this morning. I had to wear a long sleeve shirt at work today. I made it so far with short sleeves. I hate ironing long sleeve shirts!

does the sleeve make a big difference? I mostly avoid sleeves