This goat hates us

• Start date
  • Replies 337 Comments
  • Views 19,190 Views
Goat update:

I believe the goat has gone from hating us to a state of mild irritation. I think he's getting the picture that we're not going to kill him. He seemed to come around a little after I gave him a bowl of grain. I checked on him a few minutes ago and he was out of his crate eating hay.

Rogue Juror suggested the name Evil Boy. I like it.

Double posting again.

congrats on the goat.

evil boy is great name.

please do not mattyrain the goat.

Such a cool looking guy! Poor thing scared peeing himself! MrsX, make sure you talk to him all the time like he is a family member. More you talk animals, smarter they become. MrsMonkey always talks to Peanut our dog like she is part of the family. Keep us updated! :yes:

Man I would put a hat and shades on that horse when he died and kick it with him old school out back every weekend.

That goat has devil eyes.

The goat is just going through some perfectly natural goat issues right now. Before you know it, I bet he and that horse will be best buddies.

Goat update:

I believe the goat has gone from hating us to a state of mild irritation. I think he's getting the picture that we're not going to kill him. He seemed to come around a little after I gave him a bowl of grain. I checked on him a few minutes ago and he was out of his crate eating hay.

Rogue Juror suggested the name Evil Boy. I like it.

Wait? You got a goat and you aren't going to kill it? I figured the only reason you got a goat was for the meat....man goat meat is good......

Yes! My second X pet I named. I'm good at naming, I have named a bunch babies too for a lot of people.

Aw cmon. It's great. It goes with the theme of the barnyard too. Our name for Romeo is Bad Horse, it's so perfect.

He got out last night. There was goat poop in the barn. I couldn't figure out why he would go back into his pen in the morning but I got a text message that the owner found him in the yard and wrangled him back into his pen. I fed him a bowl of grain this morning. He took one small bite and started to chew it before he remembered he hated me and backed up. I ordered tags for him last night and I'm going to go buy him a dog collar today. I have a feeling that he's going to get loose a few times before we can goat proof the yard totally.

The stray cat that I've been feeding came into the house last night when Mr. X left the back door open when he went to the garage. I called the spay release place a few days ago. They provide traps and free surgeries. I know it's the right thing to do, but driving to get the trap, and then having to deal with another angry animal seems pretty annoying. But, if I don't, there's going to be a litter of kittens under our deck, probably in the snow and it's going to be irritating then because then either I ignore them there and they populate the neighborhood with more cats or I then have to catch a litter of kittens and deal with them. All options are not enticing.

Yes, the cat must go, best for everyone concerned. Take good care of the goat!

Dog collar...tags,,,?? Why not just get a dog....much cooler and better of a pet.

we need a goat cam

my neighbors used to have a goat.
SOB would feast on my vege garden and would ram the kids in the yard.

so whats the purpose of a goat if your not gonna bar-b-que it?
besides keeping the grass cut