• Views 19,156 Views

Mrs. X

seven of ten
Since
Mar 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
5066038166_620418d315.jpg

It's pretty obvious from the hate rays coming from his eyes. Not to mention that yesterday, he peed anytime anyone came near him. Although he seems better today. He's at least laying down in his pen a little and doesn't seem like he wants to bolt anytime he sees someone coming near. I just went out and gave him an apple core. He let me get about a foot away before starting to look like he was going to freak out. Right now, he is choosing to stay in an oversized dog crate lined with sawdust in a penned off portion of the corral.

I got him off of Craigslist. I drove about an hour to a farm. He's about three months old and not tame. I didn't even occur to me that I could say "no thanks" and continue searching for a tame goat. I drove an hour for a goat, and I was coming home with a goat.

But, what the hell, the X's like a challenge and we're suckers for animals. He's a cute little guy. I'm sure he'll warm up.

Romeo the horse seems to be very curious and interested which is good. I got him as a companion for the horse who was looking pretty listless just standing in the middle of a dirt corral. I started thinking about doing something for his boredom when Romeo figured out that the electric fence was off and he was able to reach the garden. He decimated everything and looked extremely happy doing it. He was prancing around the corral with ears of corn like a Lipizzaner throwing them up in the air and stomping.

He got the same spring in his step when he was checking out the goat. Unfortunately, so far, the feeling isn't mutual.

Mrs. X, goats hate everyone, do not despair.

When is the curry goat roti party happening? I love goat.....

Nice Goat!

I can't wait till I get my farm.

Who watches your horse when you got out of town?

This is an awesome thread btw.

When is the curry goat roti party happening? I love goat.....

You stay away from Little Devil Woman.

Outside of being incredibly bony, goat is great..... curried goat roti, now I'm hungry.....

oh, it's a nice goat.

How's it going out there? We won on Wednesday, with a bunch of us playing out of position (intentionally). Don and I played up.

The Sunday team is so happy happy to have Jeremiah gone. They're all bonding over the Post Traumatic Stress of playing a season with him.

Joe, you are starting to scare me with your barnyard eating habits...stick to being drunk like me....

MrX
How's it going out there? We won on Wednesday, with a bunch of us playing out of position (intentionally). Don and I played up.

The Sunday team is so happy happy to have Jeremiah gone. They're all bonding over the Post Traumatic Stress of playing a season with him.

:lmao: that's crazy

Kind of uneventful but good. I'm in Laughlin currently, be heading back to LV tomorrow.
There is something kind of interesting (playwise). I'll call you Tuesday or so once I get more info.

Me and Bread feel duped. We were starting to get feelings for Romeo.

Romeo the horse is not yours? :wha:

Oh man, no. Do you know how much work those things require? Not to mention the expense of food and vet bills. A horse is a huge animal. I've been told that when it dies, you have to pay someone alot to come out and dispose of the body. Things you don't really think about.

We have a pretty good set up. They do all of the work and pay for the horse, and we get to hang out with a horse and feed it carrots. In the beginning they were even paying us for keeping him here, but they turned out to be so nice and since we really liked having him back there, we just told them to forget about it. Now the guy does all kinds of stuff around the house because he appreciates the free boarding. He seriously works harder on the upkeep of our house than we do. I just went out in the back yard and told him so while he was stacking cords of firewood that he brought over. His daughter (who actually rides and "owns" the horse) was in the corral raking up poop.

Seriously a win win situation.