The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,770 Comments
  • Views 213,507 Views
71859042-464C-4032-BF32-1EA8FA873C03.jpeg
9:07 PM Eastern Time

Back to back walk off losses for the Dodgers in the NLCS. Classic over-managing by Dave Roberts.

Red Sox become the first team in postseason history to hit 3 grand slams.

The shopping cart thing they do in the dugout after HR’s is actually fun to watch.

Red Sox become the first team in postseason history to hit 3 grand slams.

The shopping cart thing they do in the dugout after HR’s is actually fun to watch.
This is a team of destiny

Chris Taylor has 3 HR’s tonight in an elimination game.

Chrissy Dingers

Unfortunately, Caspy, the Red Sox were a team destined to lose to the Astros in the ALCS

I was really rooting for a Game 7

Unfortunately, Caspy, the Red Sox were a team destined to lose to the Astros in the ALCS

I was really rooting for a Game 7
Impossible to win games when you don't score.
We both knew when they didn't score in the top of the 7th, it was over.
Part of me is happy how far they went.
Bigger part of me is upset at how unclutch they became in 3 straight games.

I'll tell you this much, a Dodgers/Astros WS would be like watching Hitler fighting Kim Jung Ill.
I can't stand either.

Braves are taking Ian Anderson out of the game. He’s thrown 5 innings of no hit ball.

I’m a baseball advanced stats nerd but this shit is dumb.

Braves are taking Ian Anderson out of the game. He’s thrown 5 innings of no hit ball.

I’m a baseball advanced stats nerd but this shit is dumb.
Third time through is a meaningfull jump in BAA, no? Stats don't care if a guy is "going good" or if it's a "clutch" spot.

I agree it's dumb and reduction of the game to a model or a flow chart of mathematically driven decisions is hurting the watchability. But the managers who go by thier gut over the stats ARE wrong... I dunno what to do about that.

Tronner are you for/against illegal defense in baseball (re: the shift)?