The Durito 500

Don't love the FLA play, Wallster.

FLA leads MLB in 1 run victories so they're not as good as their record would indicate. Their closer is not nearly as good as his # of saves would indicate (lol @ save stats anyway).

Pretty chalky road fave. Did you ever consider FLA FF? I don't hate that nearly as much.

Just my observation Wal.

As far as your thread, just a minor bump in the road.

Florida holds a 13-7 record head to head in their last 20 games with the Mets plus Florida is 9-3 in opening games of a series thus far this season. While those stats will most probably even out as time progresses it does offer an edge in trends in it's current state.

Florida holds a 13-7 record head to head in their last 20 games with the Mets plus Florida is 9-3 in opening games of a series thus far this season.

Wally, I want you to win this challenge. I recommend that you do not use stats such as that to accomplish this goal though.

God Bless.

Wally, I want you to win this challenge. I recommend that you do not use stats such as that to accomplish this goal though.

God Bless.

:yes:

Florida holds a 13-7 record head to head in their last 20 games with the Mets plus Florida is 9-3 in opening games of a series thus far this season. While those stats will most probably even out as time progresses it does offer an edge in trends in it's current state.

Tough to use the last 20 games they have played against each other as a stat to put any weight on. Considering the 2 teams change rosters yearly, games from years past hold little to no weight in what will happen today.

Originally Posted by wal66
I have my Member Guest this weekend but I went ahead and ran the numbers fori the American League. I am seriously concerned about these but what the hell.

Today's Play:

Chicago/Oakland UNDER 7.5 (-120) LOSER
Toronto/Minnesota OVER 8.5 (+105) LOSER
Tampa Bay RUN LINE -1.5 (+135) LOSER
Kansas City +130 LOSER

Plays are $100 to win $83,$105,135 and $130
0-4 (-$400)

I should start flipping coins, I would do better than 0-4.

Bautista's 13th homer sparks Blue Jays
Two-run drive dooms Twins in 11th; Patterson forces extra innings
By Jordan Schelling / MLB.com | 5/14/2011 8:55 PM ET

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Twins could hold Jose Bautista without a hit for only so long.

After going 0-for-3 with a walk in his first four plate appearances on Saturday, Bautista came to the plate in the 11th inning with a runner on and no outs. Bautista connected with a 1-1 fastball, crushing a two-run go-ahead home run to right off reliever Jim Hoey, setting up a 9-3 Blue Jays victory over the Twins at Target Field.

Wally, am I wrong here or wasn't this a winner? I've been out of the drama loop of late!

6 run 11th. looks like it. Maybe Wally wrote it off early :dunno:

MrMonkey, I never went back to check. I saw the score in the 9th and was losing called it early and posted then went to bed. Turns out they had a nice inning late and it did win.

I appreciate the fact you caught this.

With that find the official Durito Record should read 202-170-6 (+$1405)

Last edited:
should be more than 105 difference

It was, I added the win back in but forgot to add the loss back in. I went back and re-did all the math plus verified the win and it is right now. MrMonkey should do these mini-Bashes, he just earned a free night of drinking.

At the very least looks like I should ship another Heavenly Ham.

MrMonkey, I never went back to check. I saw the score in the 9th and was losing called it early and posted then went to bed. Turns out they had a nice inning late and it did win.

I appreciate the fact you caught this.

With that find the official Durito Record should read 202-170-6 (+$1405)

Wally, have you given any deeper thought on who you might give your winnings to if you win? :whistling:

David Wright is out of the lineup tonight.

Weather doesn't look good @ Citi Field.

So many qualifiers today and the decision on how many to play here seems so critical to the overall success or failure of this challenge. I doubt I would get swept if I played them all but something like a 3-8 type of day and its doubtful I could recover.

The biggest problem is how many of the qualifiers are tough against the grain type plays and totally disagree with the Pinny Lean.

Baltimore/Boston OVER 9.5
LA Angels/Oakland UNDER 6.5
Pittsburgh/Washington OVER 8
Florida/NY Mets OVER 6.5
San Francisco/Colorado UNDER 7.5
San Diego/Arizona OVER 9.5
Toronto +141
Cleveland -126
Atlanta -1.5
Florida -148
LA Dodgers +109

Gawd, Im hating baseball.

Todays Plays:

Cleveland -126 WINNER
Atlanta -1.5 (-105) LOSER
Florida -148 WINNER

Plays are $100 to win $79, $95 and $67

2-1 night (+$46)

Durito Record: 204-171-6 (+$1451)

Today's qualifiers are..............

Tampa Bay -146
Detroit -143
Texas +129
LA Angels +148
San Francisco +131
Florida -119
Philadelphia +127

Today's Plays:

Tampa Bay -146
Detroit -143
Texas +129
LA Angels +148

Plays are $100 to win $68, $69, $129 and $148.

Today's qualifiers are..............

Tampa Bay -146
Detroit -143
Texas +129
LA Angels +148
San Francisco +131
Florida -119
Philadelphia +127

Today's Plays:

Tampa Bay -146 LOSER
Detroit -143 Rained Out
Texas +129 LOSER
LA Angels +148 LOSER

Plays are $100 to win $68, $69, $129 and $148.

0-3 (-$300)
Durito Record: 204-174-6 (+$1151)