The Durito 500

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
I hate that I can allow someone to get under my skin to the point of having to prove a point. I hate that I am so ego-driven (childish) even at me advancing age to allow someone to just push my buttons and force me into things I should just let go. I hate these things but I am susceptible to them all the same.

Such is the case with Durito. Durito laid out a challenge, one which obviously I cannot accept because I simply dont have the kind of money he spouted off. He wanted 100K wager that I couldnt show a profit over a span of 500 games. Now I make 58K a year and bet $50 a game so 100K wager is well beyond anything I can accept.

I am willing to take this challenge on though. I am definitely no pro and I am still learning much about what I am doing period but the guy just pisses me off and when Im pissed and cant punch/headbutt I force myself into ridiculous bets, maybe not ridiculous bets so much as taking on the role of the underdog.

I will select 500 plays in this thread. I will NOT post a single play of more than (-150) in football, basketball and hockey. When baseball season comes around since it is a sport that I have really never wagered I will NOT post a play more than -200 same with any soccer play I might include. I primarily bet spreads so the price wont be too difficult to abide by.

I would much rather this be set up as a head to head challenge but I doubt Durito is willing to expose himself that way plus record checking would be a pain in the ass searching up all the exotics so Ill accept this as a personal challenge.

I respect the guy as a pro but dont have much use for him as a poster so if I lose I will not reward him by giving him money. He will have to accept personal satisfaction as his reward. However, if I lose this challenge I will allow for Durito to choose a poster and I will wire that poster $1000. When I win this challenge I want you to post daily for one year with an avatar of you holding a sign that reads, Year of Wal.

Wal, Durito doesn't have $100k either.

He lives in exile in a Colombian mudhut.

2011 year of the wal

OMG DURITO PICK MEEEEEE!!!!!!

Sounds like fun.

I will NOT post a single play of more than (-150) in football, basketball and hockey. When baseball season comes around since it is a sport that I have really never wagered I will NOT post a play more than -200 same with any soccer play I might include. I primarily bet spreads so the price wont be too difficult to abide by.

I don't understand why you have this bit. You make it sound like there is some advantage in betting big moneylines. I doubt durito would mind if you want to bet all -600 ML's.

Why not just bet whatever you want, track your units and if you are up, you are up.

i'm not reading that, can you give cliffs notes verison

Don't be silly now. It's not THAT much. Read it.

:bashing:

All I meant by that Muddy was I wouldn't take advantage (even though HUGE hurt is they lose) of big moneylines. I don't know what baseball challenges I might face never having done them anymore than here and there so I was just making it clear that I would not be playing the Phillies -275 or something.

I have stated that I bet on average $50 a game. I also primiarily bet only 1 game a day as well. While there are times when I do more for more or more for less I think for the purposes of this challenge all plays will be posted as Risk $100 to win.

Wal, clearly Durito needs to die for you to feel better.

Lets make the magic happen pal.

January 3,2011

NCAA BAsketball:
NC Wilmington MONEY LINE (+135) $100 to win $135
Buffalo pk (-110) $100 to win $90

NHL
Vancouver/San Jose UNDER 5.5 (+105) $100 to win $105
Boston Bruin -1/2 (+110) $100 to win $110

So much potential in this thread. Plommer has 2 POTM posts in here alone

Good luck Wally and just to let you know I loved Arizona -8.5 last night too. Did lots of stats on it and everything pointed in that direction.

Felt deflated after the outcome and more and more believing that it's all math numbers over the long haul in being + money. Just like you, I will continue my hardest and let's do it. :up:

I wish you luck Wally. I hope you win. Not that I want to take sides but the bet is so ridiculously unbalanced I feel okay in saying that.

I can't say I see this as a good bet Wal. Please tell me you are at least going to use the best lines available and not just use Rebatewager.

Wally, this challenge needs to be adjusted! Since 100K is no problem for Durito and he challenged you, it would be fairer if you win, he sends you 1K and if you don't you send him 1K.

No way a random poster should get the money, especially panhandler Bread. Plus Durito being a pro, probably select MonkeyFocker and they would split the 1K. Wally, don't be so nice. These kids need discipline and it won't come from telling them they need a timeout!

:obviously:

I wish you luck Wally. I hope you win. Not that I want to take sides but the bet is so ridiculously unbalanced I feel okay in saying that.

I can't say I see this as a good bet Wal. Please tell me you are at least going to use the best lines available and not just use Rebatewager.

Such a slow typer and just read this pro's correct take on this issue! Listen to Muddy!

Can I buy a piece of durito's action. I respect Wally for doing the challenge but I think he'll be negative units @ the end.