The Durito 500

Now a coin flipping Wakky has a 85.65% chance of winning.

Wakky, I hope you understand that when I mention coin flipping in this challenge, I'm not saying that you are a coin flipper bettor but rather I'm comparing your future chances in the contest to a 50/50 gambler at -110/-110 odds.

P-Roid, to be honest at first I took offense to the coin flipping thing. It wasn’t that I thought you were being insulting or anything, I just took offense because I have done the actual coin flipping thing in the past and what I am doing here is far from it or so I thought.

As it turns out when you really break it down it’s all still a coin flip. Sure there is an edge to one side of a play or the other but no matter how large that edge is things still happen and sometimes you lose on one bad play and other times you lose cause you were simply wrong.

This whole experiment has given me a new respect for those that do this for a living. The high’s and lows are immense and if you are an over-reactive person you will absolutely drive yourself insane.

I no-longer take offense P-Roid, I understand what you are saying and more importantly I realize what I am doing.

P-Roid, to be honest at first I took offense to the coin flipping thing. It wasnt that I thought you were being insulting or anything, I just took offense because I have done the actual coin flipping thing in the past and what I am doing here is far from it or so I thought.

The coin flipping mention in the statistics was merely comparing your future performance in the contest (under the assumption you are a 50/50 bettor) compared to your past performance. With apologies to durito, I hope that you win the contest (since you had the balls to take the challenge and see it through) but I also hope that you statistically prove that you aren't a coin flipper.

I no-longer take offense P-Roid, I understand what you are saying and more importantly I realize what I am doing.

:cheers:

I have my Member Guest this weekend but I went ahead and ran the numbers fori the American League. I am seriously concerned about these but what the hell.

Today's Play:

Chicago/Oakland UNDER 7.5 (-120)
Toronto/Minnesota OVER 8.5 (+105)
Tampa Bay RUN LINE -1.5 (+135)
Kansas City +130

Plays are $100 to win $83,$105,135 and $130

You're always seriously concerned. Let's stomp all over them!

Muddy I have alwas been the sort of person that anguishes over every decision. When I am most confident about a game I am at my worst.

Teela, I am confident and at my best in other areas of life:wink::wink:

I have my Member Guest this weekend but I went ahead and ran the numbers fori the American League. I am seriously concerned about these but what the hell.

Today's Play:

Chicago/Oakland UNDER 7.5 (-120) LOSER
Toronto/Minnesota OVER 8.5 (+105) LOSER
Tampa Bay RUN LINE -1.5 (+135) LOSER
Kansas City +130 LOSER

Plays are $100 to win $83,$105,135 and $130

0-4 (-$400)

I should start flipping coins, I would do better than 0-4.

I've won 1 of my last 5

It's my own fault. I had Florida and Atlanta on personal plays and I didn't post them in the challenge.

I am gonna pick up the pace and get this thing over with so I can stop posting baseball plays. I became a hockey guru and now I am making myself look pathetic (rimshot Blitty).

Coin flippin has become a major topic source of late and today's play fall into the category of, " STUBBORN COIN FLIP I"LL SHOW YOU OR I"LL GO BROKE TRYING" play.

Today's Play:

Tampa Bay Rays -1.5 (+165)

Coin flippin has become a major topic source of late and today's play fall into the category of, " STUBBORN COIN FLIP I"LL SHOW YOU OR I"LL GO BROKE TRYING" play.

Today's Play:

Tampa Bay Rays -1.5 (+165) LOSER

0-1 (-$100) makes for an 0-5 weekend. Kept my head above water all week and lost it on the weekend.

Durito Record: 201-171-6 ($1200)

So many qualifiers today and the decision on how many to play here seems so critical to the overall success or failure of this challenge. I doubt I would get swept if I played them all but something like a 3-8 type of day and its doubtful I could recover.

The biggest problem is how many of the qualifiers are tough against the grain type plays and totally disagree with the Pinny Lean.

Baltimore/Boston OVER 9.5
LA Angels/Oakland UNDER 6.5
Pittsburgh/Washington OVER 8
Florida/NY Mets OVER 6.5
San Francisco/Colorado UNDER 7.5
San Diego/Arizona OVER 9.5
Toronto +141
Cleveland -126
Atlanta -1.5
Florida -148
LA Dodgers +109

Gawd, Im hating baseball.

Todays Plays:

Cleveland -126
Atlanta -1.5 (-105)
Florida -148

Plays are $100 to win $79, $95 and $67

wow rough weekend......

turn it around

I don't think I know how to turn it around Arch. I created what I am using in football and it worked for both college hoops and hockey but it just isn't translating to baseball. It didn't work for NFL or NBA but I was able to avoid them because I had something else to post for the challenge.

I either need to go back to "old school" capping, take a break till football season or run a very real risk of melting down and losing this challenge. It wouldn't be against the rules to wait it out but it would feel less than sporting.

I don't know enough about chasing steam to switch it up and play games based on that either.

muscle through Wally. Bad runs are inevitable, don't over think it.