The Durito 500

I have been doing this for a couple weeks now and todays matchups give me more trouble as far as TOTALS lining up than I have had to date. In so many of the games the trends go one way and the ERAs on the mound go the other. For my system to work I need things to line up. I do have 3 TOTALS that are 2/3s matching which would qualify in other sports but hasnt been working in baseball so I wont play any TOTALS today.

Boston/Toronto OVER 9
Chi-Soc/LA Angels UNDER 8
Cincinnati/Houston OVER 7.5

I have more side qualifiers today than usual and I have tried to decide which ones to eliminate but having a real problem in that area. I hate playing so many games after coming off a week like last week but I am only getting myself in more trouble trying to find more of an edge than what is already provided by the system. So I will play them all and hope for the best.

Todays Plays:

Oakland As -102
Tampa Bay Rays -120
LA Angels -108
Pittsburgh Pirates -104
Philadelphia Phillies -115
Chicago Cubs -129

$100 to win $98,$83,$93,$96,$86 and $77

3 road favorites. Hope this doesnt get ugly for you.

3-2 and one rained out.

A coinflipping Wally now has a 84.39% of winning the Durito 500, needing to go 65-76-0 or better over the remaining games.

I have been doing this for a couple weeks now and today’s matchups give me more trouble as far as TOTALS lining up than I have had to date. In so many of the games the trends go one way and the ERA’s on the mound go the other. For my system to work I need things to line up. I do have 3 TOTALS that are 2/3’s matching which would qualify in other sports but hasn’t been working in baseball so I won’t play any TOTALS today.

Boston/Toronto OVER 9
Chi-Soc/LA Angels UNDER 8
Cincinnati/Houston OVER 7.5

I have more side qualifiers today than usual and I have tried to decide which ones to eliminate but having a real problem in that area. I hate playing so many games after coming off a week like last week but I am only getting myself in more trouble trying to find more of an edge than what is already provided by the system. So I will play them all and hope for the best.

Today’s Plays:

Oakland A’s -102 Rained Out
Tampa Bay Rays -120 WINNER
LA Angels -108 LOSER
Pittsburgh Pirates -104 LOSER
Philadelphia Phillies -115 WINNER
Chicago Cubs -129 WINNER

$100 to win $98,$83,$93,$96,$86 and $77

3-2 night (+$46)

Oakland was down 7-0 when God said it really is The Year of Wal and washed it away.

Durito Record: 197-161-6 (+$1871)

Last edited:
Good to see someone else benefitted from that rain out. Insanity. Especially cuz it happened so early in the day. Thought for sure it could be waited out.

Nice job here Walls.

Some weird gut reactions to today's card. I really like Tampa again but the system says Cleveland. I have no system for RUN LINES but am playing one today just on instinct. I have 3 UNDERS today as well and I am really unsure about all 3. St Louis is a qualifier but I chose to pass even though I really like them.

Today's Plays:

Tampa Bay/Cleveland UNDER 7.5 (-130)
Seattle/Baltimore UNDER 7.5 (+100)
Kansas City/NY Yankees (-115)
Seattle +136
Atlanta -1.5 (+120)

$100 to win $76,$100,$86,$136 and $120.

Cleveland can't keep this up at home. Might start making them a daily fade before too long

1,000!!!!!!!

congrats wal.

I just saw the typo I made with the Yankees game, It should be UNDER 9.5 (-115)

Some weird gut reactions to today's card. I really like Tampa again but the system says Cleveland. I have no system for RUN LINES but am playing one today just on instinct. I have 3 UNDERS today as well and I am really unsure about all 3. St Louis is a qualifier but I chose to pass even though I really like them.

Today's Plays:

Tampa Bay/Cleveland UNDER 7.5 (-130) LOSER
Seattle/Baltimore UNDER 7.5 (+100) WINNER
Kansas City/NY Yankees (-115) LOSER
Seattle +136 LOSER
Atlanta -1.5 (+120) LOSER

$100 to win $76,$100,$86,$136 and $120.

1-4 night (-$300)

The Rays are scoring runs like crazy lately, will have to layoff UNDERS on them.
Seattle and Atlanta screwed around with me and gave me false hope late.

I would have to go 102-35 to hit 60%, not sure even Daft could do that so it looks like I'll fail on my endgame goal.

Durito Record: 198-165-6 (+1571)

rough night

get em back today...

The Rays are scoring runs like crazy lately, will have to layoff UNDERS on them.

If a team is "scoring runs like crazy lately" then it is likely due to random variation, whether it is due to the batters being unusually good or the opposition pitchers being unusually bad or a combination of both.

I have 9 qualifiers today, the games are..............

Toronto/Minnesota OVER 8
Chi-Sox/Oakland UNDER 7.5
NY Mets/Houston UNDER 7.5
Pittsburgh/Milwaukee OVER 8.5
Cleveland
Toronto
San Francisco
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

Pinny Lean agrees with only 4 of the above though. So now comes the point of choosing to play them all and run the risk of a HUGE bad day or eliminating a few and running the risk of selecting REALLY wrong.

:mrx: or :coinflip:, tough call as to which it is.

I guess I will go with the games that agree with the Pinny Lean.

Today's Play:

Chicago/Oakland UNDER 7.5 (-125)
NY Mets/Houston UNDER 7.5 (-110)
Cleveland -158
Toronto -114

Plays are $100 to win $80,$90,$62 and $87.

If a team is "scoring runs like crazy lately" then it is likely due to random variation, whether it is due to the batters being unusually good or the opposition pitchers being unusually bad or a combination of both.

Probably some luck thrown in as well. Which I suppose is random variation.

I have 9 qualifiers today, the games are..............

Toronto/Minnesota OVER 8
Chi-Sox/Oakland UNDER 7.5
NY Mets/Houston UNDER 7.5
Pittsburgh/Milwaukee OVER 8.5
Cleveland
Toronto
San Francisco
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

Pinny Lean agrees with only 4 of the above though. So now comes the point of choosing to play them all and run the risk of a HUGE bad day or eliminating a few and running the risk of selecting REALLY wrong.

:mrx: or :coinflip:, tough call as to which it is.

I guess I will go with the games that agree with the Pinny Lean.

Today's Play:

Chicago/Oakland UNDER 7.5 (-125) WINNER
NY Mets/Houston UNDER 7.5 (-110) LOSER
Cleveland -158 WINNER
Toronto -114 WINNER

Plays are $100 to win $80,$90,$62 and $87.

3-1 night (+$129)

Good thing I didn't play all the qualifiers or it would have gotten ugly.

Durito Record: 201-166-6 (+$1700)

3-1 is a great way to turn things around.....