The Blue Jays tho

• Start date
  • Replies 207 Comments
  • Views 15,417 Views
Papi a scratch for today's game.

He got hit in the foot with a pitch yesterday which, funnily enough, it was ruled he went around on with a swing.

So instead of a free base on the HBP, it was a strike - which happened to be strike 3 - so he was out - and now he's gimpy.

This is called adding insult to insult to injury.

Jays playing better lately, winning 4 straight series and moving a couple games above .500

Hopefully it's a thing and not just a thing.

Jays playing some nice ball lately. Offense has picked up and has been consistently breaking the hearts of the opposition with late inning add-on runs.

They have played themselves into relevance.

Starters are good - stopper is good. Rest of the bullpen though ----> some dicey shit.

Something you don't see every day: Jays just scored 2 runs on a strikeout.

That was nuts.

Question - Saunders got on base after striking out. Does that count against his on-base percentage? Het gets a strikeout and an improved OBP?

That was nuts.

Question - Saunders got on base after striking out. Does that count against his on-base percentage? Het gets a strikeout and an improved OBP?

Yes I think so.

And we went on to learn that it (2 runs on a strikeout) was the 6th time that has happened since 1976. Not even the first time it had happened for the Jays.

Jays win their 5th straight series. That includes 2 each against AL east rivals Yanks and Sox - against whom Jays went 9-3.

So this is good.

You could say it sort of coincides with putting Jose Bautista in the leadoff spot - or you could say it sort of coincides with Troy Tulowitzki being out - but that's probably all nonsense.

Just playing better. Bats are coming around. Defense is solid. Starting pitching continues to be good. Osuna is good.

Hopefully we can keep 'er goin'.

4 sac flies today. A bunch of other stuff too but those 4 SF's feel like a particularly good thing to me.

Feels like it is emblematic of something. Possibly even a harbinger of something.

Yap.

Blue Jays are actually very hostile creatures. More of a sparrow guy myself, you can toss one a cheese doodle end watch it try to eat something half its size. Then its 40 friends come over and it's time to get the fuck out of there.

And the blue jay's song is not particularly pleasant. Both the baseball team theme song and the actual bird.

Not pleasant.

:nono:

Damn tho. Baseball Jays were up 7-1. 4 Orioles taters later: 7-6.

:fok:

Shitload of hitting in the AL East.

Jays up against the Phillies now. I hope we don't have any fans of that unseemly crew around this joint.

I'm more a Sox fan but Phils are #2 for me now not sure why.

You're gonna LOSE!!!!

Edwin Encarnacion going totally hairy nutbar lately - at the expense of the Phillies now. Jays poised to take 3 of 4 from them.

Edwin has clubbed his way into the MLB RBI lead.

Jays been playing ~.750 ball for about 25 games now.

Getting interesting.