Teaching

• Start date
  • Replies 176 Comments
  • Views 15,057 Views
Teachers should start @ $80K a year after they complete 18 mos of probation.

Then your property taxes would be twice as you pay now. What are you paying right now?

I got an order of intent to issue a warrant for my arrest in mail friday.
put in motion by one of the great school officials at eldest's school:cop:

teachers...ehhh
some I think the world of and deserve much more $$$
others shouldnt be allowed to teach dogs to shit outside

lol for what?

Tomato, we need answers here teach! You start a thread and you go AWOL! Are you too busy grading test papers? Hope you haven't tucked yourself in, know it's a school night but how much sleep you need? My 3rd grade teacher was probably 70 and he stayed up later than this!

Oh little advice, just cause a student brings you in an apple, doesn't mean their not up to doing troubles! Keep a close eye on them!

7367f4aa11aa.jpg

They aren't in NS that's for damn sure.

Please elaborate.

These people hold one of the most important jobs in society. Starting salaries of $45-50k mean that you're not gonna get the caliber of candidates you should have. Salaries (and job requirements) should be on par with that of, I dunno, practicing attorneys.

IMO, Wally.

No offense to Tomato, I'm sure he teaches like a motherfucker.

:tomato:

Please elaborate.

These people hold one of the most important jobs in society. Starting salaries of $45-50k mean that you're not gonna get the caliber of candidates you should have. Salaries (and job requirements) should be on par with that of, I dunno, practicing attorneys.

IMO, Wally.

Teachers in NS are paid around $60K. That's pretty good coin for the amount of time they actually teach and are in the classroom.

I guess that's not bad considering the cost of living there. Average salary is about $10K lower in Quebec, in the city.

Not sure about Ontario - the GF's sister is a teacher. She makes shit money but she's way out in the boons, where you can buy a mansion for $200k.

Tomato strikes again.

Teachers in NS are paid around $60K. That's pretty good coin for the amount of time they actually teach and are in the classroom.

Truck drivers in the oil patch in Saskatchewan make $85 -$120K, some of it tax free (subsistence pay).

I wonder what the suicide rate is among truck drivers in the oil patch in Saskatchewan.

Skilled tradespeople can earn $150k easily in Alberta (Oilberta), $200k not difficult.

Well shit, what are we doing here plommer?

Well shit, what are we doing here plommer?
I love Toronto. I mean LOVE!
I was born here.
I am here because my blood is here.
I am here because I am happy here.
Whenever I am somewhere else I wish I was here.
I will die here.

I dunno why you are here.

I love Toronto. I mean LOVE!
I was born here.
I am here because my blood is here.
I am here because I am happy here.
Whenever I am somewhere else I wish I was here.
I will die here.

I dunno why you are here.

Haha.

I dunno either.

I wanna move to France.