Stock Picking - Straight Gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 512 Comments
  • Views 31,813 Views
My Aurora Cannabis profit, as of today. This is over the last month or so.

+103.29%

... lets make some legal weed money boys. TAX FREE :canada:

Now there is also a Marijuana based ETF (exchange traded fund.MER.0.76%)... it is listed as HMMJ; Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences ETF; you can now have some weed stocks added into your 401k or RRSP. Its up approx 38% from when it was introduced in April 2017.

If anyone has any questions regarding this sector, feel free to get back to me. Canada is going to become a world leader in commercial, recreational and medical cannabis production... We probably are already.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/aurora-cannabis-to-buy-greenhouse-design-firm-larssen/article37058490/

Last edited:
My Aurora Cannabis profit, as of today. This is over the last month or so.

+103.29%

... lets make some legal weed money boys. TAX FREE :canada:

Now there is also a Marijuana based ETF (exchange traded fund.MER.0.76%)... it is listed as HMMJ; Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences ETF; you can now have some weed stocks added into your 401k or RRSP. Its up approx 38% from when it was introduced in April 2017.

If anyone has any questions regarding this sector, feel free to get back to me. Canada is going to become a world leader in commercial, recreational and medical cannabis production... We probably are already.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/aurora-cannabis-to-buy-greenhouse-design-firm-larssen/article37058490/

attachment.php

It says I have to place as Limit Order for a Foreign order.

Whats that mean?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 10.56.14 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 10.56.14 AM.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 183
My feeling is that last week was artificial optimism. Ripple effect of this is going to be felt in the coming weeks. I kept watching the market go up last week in disbelief. Hopefully we come out of this sooner than we think, but I'm going to be on the sidelines for a bit.

I’m vacillating whether to buy more William Hill stock. I didn’t pull the trigger a week ago and I was pissed.

oh yeah. I bet they bring that shit into Colorado soon. ...Of course I intend to smack em around a bit. But how you suggest getting into this stock market thing?

oh yeah. I bet they bring that shit into Colorado soon. ...Of course I intend to smack em around a bit. But how you suggest getting into this stock market thing?

Right now it really is straight up gambling IMO. I mean what can you base anything on in regards to the climate we are in presently?

I’ve just seen William Hill drop so much recently and eventually it will regroup IMO.

My stock AMRN dropped 63% after hours today. Not having a good day lol. Time to drink wine lol.

*Fun with stock charts*

Someone who would've inherited a fortune in 1915 and invested it all in the Dow Jones constituents, never investing a cent more in his life, would've ended up with a smaller fortune upon selling in 1982, 67 years later.

Look it up.

What Matty is saying is a bit different though - buy the stocks of the companies that constituted DJIA in 1915. Is there a website that gives you the running value of hypothetical investments in various years?

What Matty is saying is a bit different though - buy the stocks of the companies that constituted DJIA in 1915. Is there a website that gives you the running value of hypothetical investments in various years?

No no, in my hypothetical scenario the investor would always be following the DJI. There were no index funds back then, but let's pretend there were.

Since I started this thread in 2011 I've basically become an index investor. Picking individual names takes time I dont have and theres decent research showing you cant beat the index.

Gonna refi my mortgage, borrow whatever equity is in my home @ 3.5% BEFORE the mortgage interest deduction and earn 6-10% indexing. Rich get richer mother fuckers.

Since I started this thread in 2011 I've basically become an index investor. Picking individual names takes time I dont have and theres decent research showing you cant beat the index.

Gonna refi my mortgage, borrow whatever equity is in my home @ 3.5% BEFORE the mortgage interest deduction and earn 6-10% indexing. Rich get richer mother fuckers.

How long should I wait to do that with my mortgage?

Ok opened an account. Gonna have to start gambling on this bullshit, since nothing else is going on :dunno:
:preparingformynewlifeasahermit:

Ok opened an account. Gonna have to start gambling on this bullshit, since nothing else is going on :dunno:
:preparingformynewlifeasahermit:

I bought back into William Hill the day after my AMRN stock tanked. Thank God William Hill has gone up from $2.90-$5.39 in the last two Weeks.

If you bought tsla on 2/27/14 (when it was touted here) you're up about 26%. If you bought the broad market you're up 37%. For a 10k investment would you rather have $2600 profit or $3700?

Think we all made money on Tesla..

So what should we invest in now?

TSLA at $1800

Boys, we’re rich.

Thinking about buying a boat.

Anyone know anything about boats?

I know that if you buy a boat, you'll not be rich for very long as they are hugh money pits. Plus pretty sure there is only one type of boat suitable for Tennessee and thats a bass boat.

Pretty boy, you gonna buy a boat and be a bass fisherman pal?

I like bass.

Plom, one of these days you’ll learn that life is a big money pit. Might as well enjoy it.