Steves gets his life together

• Start date
  • Replies 1,715 Comments
  • Views 49,164 Views
Help was available. We watch him blow it with offers of help multiple times.

It's possible our Canadian friends don't fully understand how much the legal system is not a pathway to help down here.

He has the right to live this life and not get help. It may have been an honest mistake, but it was a mistake, and that guy should know it. Don't call the cops over stupid shit on the internet.

I can only go by what I see happening in Detroit. The homeless there have few options and some of the shelters don't have a single bed, just chairs for people to sleep on.
Pretty rough.

One thing I found annoying. A prominent Detroit lawyer opened a soup kitchen for homeless veterans. This is a good thing.
The issue is that he created commercials for TV that are designed to promote his business telling everyone how great he is while using images of the homeless ex servicemen in the ads.
If he wa truly charitable he would just do it and not mention it, let alone use it as a marketing tool.

Last edited:
Unfortunately,because of our mild weather here,we have thousands of Stevies living on the streets.Police here would not detain him unless they thought he would be a danger to himself or others.Glad he’s off the streets for now,they eat their young out there and he probably won’t have lasted much longer regardless

Mild weather?
I don't think Daft or Rouge would consider near freezing to be mild.
For Albertan's yes.

I heard BC had rcord breaking low Temps after the flooding.

Maybe more floods will keep the homeless at bay.

MrX
Help was available. We watch him blow it with offers of help multiple times.

It's possible our Canadian friends don't fully understand how much the legal system is not a pathway to help down here.

He has the right to live this life and not get help. It may have been an honest mistake, but it was a mistake, and that guy should know it. Don't call the cops over stupid shit on the internet.

That's fair. And yes, there is quite possibly a culture clash at play here. I've never called the cops on anyone but I have witnessed many neighbours being called on over the years, and nothing happens in the vast majority of cases unless someone decides to file a complaint. (In one case, a bipolar/drunk guy who was making daily death threats to his downstairs neighbour was allowed to do so for months until said neighbour filed for a restraining order.)

philly police is going to go look for a rambling homeless man based on an internet report :dontthinkso:

you can take video evidence of a crime to the station, file a report yourself and they still don't do crap to locate the person even if you tell them where they are

unless you have pull with law enforcement or the lost is in the tens of thousands they are not going to move

philly police is going to go look for a rambling homeless man based on an internet report :dontthinkso:

you can take video evidence of a crime to the station, file a report yourself and they still don't do crap to locate the person even if you tell them where they are

unless you have pull with law enforcement or the lost is in the tens of thousands they are not going to move
Yeah, this is why I was confused on MrX's account of what happened.

So this random guy calls Philly police and says "hey I have an internet video of this crazy homeless man shouting scary stuff, I'll send you the link."

And they spring into action to ID him, find him, bring him in, etc?

There has to be more to all this.

Reactions: IAG
we need assassin on the case

this brother guey sounds like a real hoot

Reactions: MrX

Yeah, I'm confused by this too, but the guy seemed like he was sure that steves was picked up.

I'm not sure what happens if you say a guy is yelling about shooting cops (and it's on video), you know his full name and where he sleeps, and have pictures of him (All in the thread). Doesn't totally shock me that they might go grab him.

Also he stops posting right as the guy says this. Hopefully it's a coincidence.

Oh, so apparently the guy's brother is a cop?

And bingo was his name-o!

-zero chance the police (THE PHILADELPHIA POLICE DEPARTMENT c’mon man) are going to canvass the area for a homeless guy who is making intoxicated videos on his phone. Who (to the best of my knowledge) is not even in possession of a weapon giving him the means to carry out the crimes at the time he’s making the video. It would be different if he was holding a chopper while making these videos. That would gets some bodies moving around shaking out trees. I haven’t followed this is close as I should have but there are other things at play. Doesn’t make sense.

-whatever Buster 42 or whatever the fuck his name is did, it does nothing for Steve. Zero. It doesn’t even help Steve dry out. He’s still gonna get booze and/or dope in jail. Jail just keeps him in the meat grinder.

-Steve needs AA/rehab/an assigned social worker and A LOT of stars to align. But it’s not impossible.

-and don’t blame the cops if they ultimately had an interaction with Steve which resulted him going back to jail. Once they get the call they have to take action or their ass will be driving an ice cream truck this summer. Blame the pseudo Dudley DoRight who called the cops on a homeless person who is only a harm to himself.

Last edited:
I think I just typed most of that for nothing.

So they already had Stevie positively ID’d.

Not blaming the cops. It sounds like they've been pretty cool with steves.

Best place IMO for Stevie is inside presently and if the police station than so be it. I did mention the Philly forecast earlier, right? The extended forecast says below 32 every night out as far as 1/25 with enough nights temps in the teens. Take that with a nice blowing wind and too cold for me. Stevie had some frostbite if I remember correctly so being out there could lose him some toes next time around? Of course it's a sad situation but right now he doesn't seem on wanting to get help. The longer you're homeless the shorter your life expectancy.

Check out yours with this calculator .....

Go talk to 100 chilly homeless people and ask how many would rather be in jail.