Steves gets his life together

• Start date
  • Replies 1,715 Comments
  • Views 50,110 Views
Damn per Brother 52:

"Long story short, stopped there today and some people are concerned about him. If anyone here has an account at gl, might you let them know that Steve is in a warm place that he is not free to leave. Not certain a 3 day mental health evaluation or jail for the probation violation. Probably will not see him for 6 months or so is my guess. Yeah, I`m not signing up over there to inform them... I already saved a life and probably a few crimes this year, I ain`t got time for that shit."

So brother lives in Philly?

Knows Steve personally?

Need more info.

I know Steves gonna Steve, 100% without a doubt. But I can't help but feel that threads like this egged him on/pushed him a bit further. No?

totally. we have used steve(s) for our own personal enjoyment for years

steve(s) loved/loves it - but we are guilty

for shame - i will get over it though

Wait a minute. Some guy from there called the cops on steves because of the videos we encouraged him to make, told them he was threatening violence on cops (they were Beck lyrics), doesn't know what was done with him, and...

This is a good thing?

Personally,I think Brother52 is a current poster here and posted the videos on Bookmaker Review to make Eggs look bad.

Personally,I think Brother52 is a current poster here and posted the videos on Bookmaker Review to make Eggs look bad.
Personally I think you may be incorrect.

Hint: If you read that thread from the very beginning to the end it would be hard to agree with your statement.

Last edited:
I know Steves gonna Steve, 100% without a doubt. But I can't help but feel that threads like this egged him on/pushed him a bit further. No?

I dunno. At the beginning, there was an element of jokey-ness to his posts that made it unclear how bad of a predicament he was in. When it was clear that he was on the streets, we tried to give him advice that was largely ignored (in the form of non-sequitur drunk posts and general rambling.) Then sober Stevie would show up for a bit and he seemed genuine in his desire to fix, or at least help himself.

But then he always goes back to Stevieing. What are we supposed to do?

Nah

MrX
Wait a minute. Some guy from there called the cops on steves because of the videos we encouraged him to make, told them he was threatening violence on cops (they were Beck lyrics), doesn't know what was done with him, and...

This is a good thing?

The guy may have overreacted to Stevie's haunting a capella covers, but I mean come on, Stevie needs help.

I dunno. At the beginning, there was an element of jokey-ness to his posts that made it unclear how bad of a predicament he was in. When it was clear that he was on the streets, we tried to give him advice that was largely ignored (in the form of non-sequitur drunk posts and general rambling.) Then sober Stevie would show up for a bit and he seemed genuine in his desire to fix, or at least help himself.

But then he always goes back to Stevieing. What are we supposed to do?
^This. I think there was far more "please stop and get help" than "LOL THIS IS AWESOME KEEP IT UP STEVE".

You could certainly argue giving him this outlet with "likes" or whatever is a net negative for him (probably true), but I don't think it had any real effect. 100% "steves gonna steve" with or without this thread or any other, I think.

Agree with Davey, Stevie would do the same thing with or without GL.

And yeah the guy is routinely getting in fights, shouting at strangers, I mean it really does seem just from the stories he told us (imagine the ones he didn't?) that things could have gone far worse for him in tons of spots. This is far more than just an overreaction to a song lyric.