Steve K New poker thread

• Start date
  • Replies 267 Comments
  • Views 6,613 Views
Ah that's cool. She's very likeable so I can see why she was doing that. I'll never forget that picture of her puking out of the taxi window. Inspiring.

For me it was recruiting truck drivers and I know nothing about the trucking industry so yeah, good luck. I figured I'd overcome my lack of knowledge by making more phone calls than any other human which actually worked in the mortgage industry for a long time. Sure I made a few grand in a couple months....not enough money to live on. I do have a good reference there though for recruiting gigs, so that's cool. He's a great guy and sends money quick....but straight commission is a no go for Steve in any industry.

Twoof. Now you give me $500 a week and a juicy, realistic, commish structure? Sure, let's talk. Been there, done that and made bank.

Actually excited I cashed in this depositor's freeroll on Stars.

The opponents actually so good. Ya know why? We've all deposited.

I've played great today. Just made SUCH A NICE READ FOR AN ISO PUSH and got robbed. Absolutely robbed. But we still have chips.

Hey, at least we're not still crushing future rent money, right?

Let's see what we can do here.

Busted out and won $6.71 :lmao:

It's ok, my reserves r fine.

I did make a bad late push with A6 but shit happens.

Honestly? I'm glad I felt something.

That was all I was looking for was to get better, make the right moves and train via whatever and rbs.

And I did feel it, that's kinda cool imo.

Fucking felt it. For pennies.

That's good, imo.

Because I'm a grinder, an hourly wage guy.

If I play a tournament, don't cash, I'm like how many hours did I just spend for $0, when I could've been making my hourly wage grinding cash.

Appreciate it brother Virty!

:cheers:

Because I'm a grinder, an hourly wage guy.

If I play a tournament, don't cash, I'm like how many hours did I just spend for $0, when I could've been making my hourly wage grinding cash.
So I definitely feel this and cash definitely has it's perks. But, if you are serious about learning/studying, tournaments are an excellent and cost efficient opportunity to do so.

I find cash games to be a lot more boring and straightforward. With no blind increase or antes everyone can always play in their comfort zone. Tourneys force you to learn to play in unique situations, adjust your game based on your and your opponents stack sizes, build more dynamic ranges for your opponents. All while setting your max loss at what the tourney cost, vs. a costly tiltoff or blowup in cash.

Nothing wrong with sticking to cash, but just a thought. Playing lots of tournament poker definitely made me a better cash player.

Right. And I do enjoy my tournaments with the fellas across the street. It's not for much but hey, nothing wrong with $100 in btc every once in awhile on the house.

I think you said something very constructive about comfort zone. I wouldn't say I'm abc, but I'm pretty tight so as standard tight cash players do in tourneys I either cash low or bust out close to bubble time. My poker is literally playing in a very strict comfort zone. It's all I've known.

I'd imagine a lot less anglers in tournies as well, because less grinders thinking they have to be a douche to protect their territory, etc.

What that guy Mike I know is doing is pretty damn inspiring....so it's definitely a thought.

Got any favorite tourney books?

So I definitely feel this and cash definitely has it's perks. But, if you are serious about learning/studying, tournaments are an excellent and cost efficient opportunity to do so.

I find cash games to be a lot more boring and straightforward. With no blind increase or antes everyone can always play in their comfort zone. Tourneys force you to learn to play in unique situations, adjust your game based on your and your opponents stack sizes, build more dynamic ranges for your opponents. All while setting your max loss at what the tourney cost, vs. a costly tiltoff or blowup in cash.

Nothing wrong with sticking to cash, but just a thought. Playing lots of tournament poker definitely made me a better cash player.
hmm, it does seem that there's alot of varying conditions that can make tournaments complex, but a lot of it is starting hands/all ins. To me the post flop play is what makes poker, so I'll side with the cash game as being superior :hattip:

hmm, it does seem that there's alot of varying conditions that can make tournaments complex, but a lot of it is starting hands/all ins. To me the post flop play is what makes poker, so I'll side with the cash game as being superior :hattip:
Oh I agree. Deepstack poker is the best, by a mile.

However, while playing cash, you will often find yourself playing against short stacked players. Understanding how to play pots with effective stacks at various blind ranges is a very useful skill to have, even if you are primarily a cash player. And it doesn't hurt to have tourney skills for when some big guaranteed prize pool event rolls around.

Shortstacked players are so fucking annoying, but if it's a recreational player you take what you can get - so I'm always nice to them....even if they catch. Repeat business, etc.

What's up with Asian people playing flush draws like they have the fuckin nuts? Shit is funny....then not funny when they catch on you.

I'm playing $1 sit and gos on stars and stalking the site looking for 2/5 fish to exploit :lmao:

If there's one thing I've learned online -

If you label someone a fish -

Make sure you're right.