State of Emergency

• Start date
  • Replies 147 Comments
  • Views 7,196 Views
MrX
I think it'd be great if we dispense with the "peaceful protesters" thing. It's pretty silly to drive people to this point of anger and then not expect some violence and property damage. We've seen some peaceful protests broken up with force, and we've seen violent riots let run amok. This is a huge movement and it's going to have the whole gamut.

Besides, violence and property damage is what works in this country. True non-violence worked once upon a very specific time against the English. Doubt it ever really works on Americans. We need a certain amount of lashing out to take anyone seriously, and we definitely need a pretty high level of mayhem to get the kind of media cycle that changes the discussion.

Also, I'm not saying the cops are acting badly in this situation. For the most part they are probably just as much cogs in a broken system.
:yes:

Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office releases video of Walmart looting

Don't know whether to laugh or feel sad to that video! Probably both but sad >>> laugh!

Being a cop isn't an easy job.

WITHOUT QUESTION!
1592103087821.png

Investigators believe, based on records with the tow truck company’s dispatch, that Reed was upset with the tow bill, so he walked up to Trooper Bullock’s car and shot him in the head.

A simple stopping by the side of the road to assist a person in need of help and he gets assassinated! That's why I go back to a simple dousing of a few cops in NYC without any repercussions grows to bigger troubles that people think they can get away with! I wished the police chief of Minny would tell Omar and Co the entire force is taking off next weekend! You guys want to handle things, be my guest!

That’s gonna fix everything in a jiffy

I thought George was one of the good guys? :dunno:

Thought so too but we do know GW had bad teeth or as the folklore goes he needed wooden replacements? Blitty, 50 years from now I believe we will discover his teeth went bad because he was the Father of not only our country but of all meth heads! :yes:

Washington was an enslaver and he also was known for trying to gain as much Native American land as possible. His dentures were often made from the teeth of those that he enslaved. Allegedly, he became remorseful on the topic of slavery, but remained silent because he felt it was too divisive for the country.

Washington was an enslaver and he also was known for trying to gain as much Native American land as possible. His dentures were often made from the teeth of those that he enslaved. Allegedly, he became remorseful on the topic of slavery, but remained silent because he felt it was too divisive for the country.

So he was like virtually every other man of his economic class at that time or no?

Depends on the way you look at it. Was it common in the north? No. It was maybe a century or less old during the time of Washington, so to say that it was common during his era would be debatable. Just because something is done does not mean that it is the right thing to do.

So Teela, are there any statues or monuments you believe should stay put? Sounds like that list would be much shorter and easier to figure out!