So I have this music project I've been working on

• Start date
  • Replies 425 Comments
  • Views 21,061 Views
Man.

I just accidentally started listening to a song on my speakers - rather than through the headphones which is what I normally do.

:fok:

I don't know. It sounded bad. I listen on the headphones and I think, yeah. That's what I want. Good.

But what I heard through the speaker just now ---> it was not just marginally inferior. It sounded bad.

I'm hoping there is some logical reason. I recall in the early days I transferred an early version of a song to a CD, just to see if I could. Then I played the CD through the stereo/speakers ---> liked the sound quite a bit.

So I don't know what just happened here.

I'm rattled.

Well, so, one song needing a bit of surgery.

out.jpg

Listening to the tracks in your car during the mixing phase is helpful too.

17,132 children have died from self-inflicted stab wounds to the throat during the making of this album. Donate to the Housepicks Foundation today.

it'll never be 100% done

Yes and no. I will always know that improvements are possible if I want to keep at it. Basically every single instrumental track of every song could be redone by a better player if I wanted to start recruiting and networking with actual musicians.

But based on what it is - a solo hobby project - I will definitely get to a point - soon - where I will just say I'm done and I will not look back.

That will be a happy day. I got other things to move on to.

Mixing sounds like such a formal, official process. I wonder if anything I do can be called mixing.

Me fiddling with track volume levels while constantly shrugging my shoulders in complete befuddlement - :dunno: - does that qualify as mixing?

:up: Sounds exactly like mixing to me. I bet even the pros just fiddle, shrug and go home.

Mixing is a song (correctly) is an incredibly underrated task (in terms of difficulty).

Extreme fear at this moment. Something seems to be wrong with my recording studio program and one of my songs might be corrupted and unusable. It's there so I can look at it and listen to it - but I can't change it - which would actually be OK - it's done - but I can't save it and it won't transfer to an audio file properly. It just goes error.

It is by far the biggest song. 20 tracks and 2:8 time. It's like 4x the size of the next biggest file.

I don't know what I will have to do.

Might just have to recreate it track by track, note by note, volume adjustment by volume adjustment. But then it will be a huge file again and maybe have the same problem? Techy guy says that's not the problem so I hope he's right about that.

Don't know.

Minor disaster.

oh no!! this is not good. :sad:

I just painted the hood of my car with a spray can. I'm in extreme fear at this moment

why????is it at least the same color as the rest of your vehicle?

No not even close

smh. Reno, why would you do that?!