So I have this music project I've been working on

• Start date
  • Replies 425 Comments
  • Views 21,067 Views
Matt Rain is not my real name. It's a subterfuge.

:mrquincy:

I wonder if I should stop being so coy and just post links here for anyone who is willing, to listen and comment. I have a reason for my ways: this project is not just a collection of 12 random singles; it is one continuous "story." The songs are linked by an abstract plot and theme and also they are meant to flow musically. The way one song flows into the next and into the next is very important. There is supposed to be a flow to the mood.

So I feel like I want people to hear the whole finished thing. Primarily.

However the bits of feedback I am getting are making me hungry for more.

Dunno, dunno.

Lets hear some Edmond Fitzgerald

Nice word use Matty. had to look that one up.

I didnt look it up....but I did believe him.

Should be done the music this weekend and start thinking about making CD's and where to upload and whatever.

The main thing the feedback gathering process has done is make me feel pretty confident in my ability to set levels/tempo/basic foundation. The fear that I was overlooking huge conspicuous gaffes seems to have been unfounded.

I basically just have two things left that I want double-checked. Little decisions within songs where I stepped a bit out of my comfort zone and I need a second opinion about whether what I did is cool or dorky. And if dorky, how dorky?

But it is a total of like 3 seconds of track so no biggy.

Then ---> done.

Fokken weird, that will be.

If its good you might be able to set up and play at the Peach Pit. I will talk to Knat.

That's funny I was just talking to Dylan and he said that you might say that and if you did, no fucking chance (his exact words). You two figure it out, don't kill the messenger, Brendon.

Dylan is pissed cuz Brenda likes mine better. Dylan has a little dick.

Yeah he's always been weird about her, but you've always had her heart and for good reason, you were the first one to anal her.

One lost motherfucker, that Dylan is.

Say did you clear up your debt with Duke Weatherill?

He's no one to mess with.

Fn right I analed her. No one is gonna anal my sister first but me.

Yeah gotta keep it in the family. I thought bent over the peach pit dumpster was a little unnecessary, but let's face it - the bitch deserved it. Shame that scene didn't make network television you could have changed network tv viewer anal culture forever.

Say did you clear up your debt with Duke Weatherill?

He's no one to mess with.
Did you pay back Nat for covering your debt with Duke? Nat really saved your ass!

oops poor MC...his music thread has gone wayyyy off topic. Sorry for my part in this post.

quit screwing around here, you dumb foking teenagers :mudcat:

Problem with the one song is, it has a WOOOOOO!! - actually it's more of a HOOOOO!! - and then later it has a grunty sort of HUUWAAAAHHH!! - reminiscent of George Michael in the song Sex.

Reserved guy that I am, these are things that don't come naturally to me. There are party people out there who WOOOOOOOOO all the time. Me, I can't remember the last WOOOOOOOOOO I issued in earnest.

I gave it a shot in the song but I dunno. I don't do any more HUUWAAAAHHH!!!'s in real life actually - but for whatever reason, I am more at peace with the HUUWAAAAHH!!

Bottom line: I need a second opinion if my HOOOOO!! and my HUUWAAAAHHH!! are acceptable

If you don't like it, you could always just change it to, oooooooooooooo, and oooooowaaaaaaah.