So I have this music project I've been working on

• Start date
  • Replies 425 Comments
  • Views 21,268 Views
what happened?

Nothing happened. Just expressing my feeling about this last song I am working on.

It's the weak link of the collection. I guess something has to be.

Reminds me of a comedian who does a bit about if you take every doctor in the world ---> one of them has to be the worst. Somewhere out there is the worst doctor in the world.

Just the way it is. Something has to be worst.

Well not really. If I completely removed this song, I don't know what would then be the weakest link.

I have thought about just pulling it too. But I can't really. It has an important thematic concept and also provides a useful upbeat break between some slower bits.

It's all subjective anyway. Others may disagree and feel that it is not the weakest link at all.

But to me, it is the weak link and nothing is a close second.

Almost done anyway.

Anything specific about this particular song you're not liking? or do you feel it's just the whole thing? remember - you are your own worst critic.

Don't wanna get into it. It's just the weak link. I will be curious if anyone who listens to the whole thing agrees with my assessment.

aaaaaand the music is done

ok so when are you releasing this monster?

On to the net step which is actually 2 steps. Making CD's and uploading. Techy stuff.

No idea what I'm doing with those but I guess I will work it out - hopefully with a little help from my friends.

One should not underestimate my lack of technical expertise and the minor miracle it is that I have gotten this far.

But I sure ain't gonna stop now.

Kinda sounds like when I was painting my car

Did you master it or have someone master it for you?

I don't know what you mean.

The mastering process. Frequency exciters and what not. It makes the finished mix sound brighter/louder. In the old days you'd have to send the finished mix somewhere to have it mastered but now they sell plug ins for your computer.

Way over my head, that.

17,132 children have died from self-inflicted stab wounds to the throat during the making of this album. Donate to the Housepicks Foundation today.

Amen

Please Lord

Pretty please allow me with all your graces to pry my eyes away from this slow motion yet high impact train wreck that is the making of muddys album which will me heard by less people than there are days in a month.

I know I will listen to it and am really looking forward to it

It's a really cool thing for him to be doing, and I'm looking forward to it. Any negativity towards it is just fucking retarded.

House, congrats on your POTM thread at Peeps! Almost up to a 1K in views! :bowdown:

I would love to have the drive and attention span to complete a major project like this.

I'm lucky to finish a magazine article.

Not planning to do much this evening but here's a question which I imagine someone will know the answer to.

Suppose you got a CD. Now if you record (burn?) something onto it, is it permanently on there? Or is it like a flashdrive or an old-fashioned disk or whatever, where you can delete/reorganize what's on there and keep resaving over it.

I foresee a need for some experimentation - mostly in the area of time gaps between songs and how to control those.

I have just a handful of blank CD's at the moment. They say SONY CD-R - RECORDABLE - SUPREMAS - 700 MB - if that provides any clues.