So I have this music project I've been working on

• Start date
  • Replies 425 Comments
  • Views 21,057 Views
I forgot how many of these songs, have sketches on YouTube. The Devil, Ain't Lyin'. More do than don't I guess.

Ain't Lyin' is significantly different now. Not as much as The Day Would Come but it is pretty jazzed up with lots of percussion.

It is song #1. It was not originally intended to be first but I kinda feel like it is the best song and I wanted to come out strong.

Remains to be seen if anyone else thinks it's strong though.

As for volunteers to be guinea pigs, I have a few between gamelive and real life. Thanks for any offers and I will possibly/probably follow up via PM.

Last night in the cold rain this guy is on stage just doing crazy awesome shit. Hktties everywhere are just shedding clothes and convulsing and chanting some ancient weird shit. A character I know comes up and says IM CONFUSED RIGHT NKW. IM OVERJOYED. IM AFRAJD. IM IN THE UNIVERSE! I about lost it.

IAG
I think I know where I'm going with The Devil thing but it would help if you could post the lyrics. I can't make them out well enough to know if what I am thinking would even work.

Also, if you had to classify the work, or at least this song, or put in some sort of genre, what would it be? Who is your target audience?

In fact posting the lyrics for all the songs might be helpful. It's difficult for me at least to separate the tune from the lyrics, and if I struggle to hear the lyrics, it is frustrating and I will dismiss outright. I know you are aware of this, and can work it out with whatever kinds of machines and techniques you musician types use, but if you could post the lyrics along with the video, it would be helpful to some of us in our critiquing...I know that Cami mentioned something to this effect also.

If you are looking more for just critique of the tune, or are worried about Copyrights or something, I understand not wanting to do that.

The main point I would make about that is the Youtube stuff is not really the point of this thread and I kind of recommend not even listening to it at this point. I mean, I appreciate the interest but they are just rough sketches from years ago. Should probably put that in all caps. ROUGH.

I know some lyrics to some songs have changed since then and there are probably some structural changes as well.

What I am entirely focused on is a studio project. Your idea of providing lyrics is very good and I will definitely do that when I am providing links to the songs to guinea pigs.

IM CONFUSED RIGHT NKW. IM OVERJOYED. IM AFRAJD. IM IN THE UNIVERSE! I about lost it.

That didn't happen.

Did it?

Enough criticism for you yet Buttbutt?

IAG he "may" have said I am the universe. But just let me keep this one plz. It was a beautiful momen

Oh, the question of genre is a touchy one. I don't know. If I ever got to the point of having some producer listen to it, I could easily see that being their feedback.

What am I supposed to do with this? I can't find a pigeon-hole for it.

This project is not something that was actually designed to sell. This project was about writing what I want to write.

I, as it turns out, am a bit of weirdo.

Of course when it is done, there is no reason not to try to sell it - I feel it would be stupid not to try - but it is not something obvious.

The category would be alternative rock but it is very eclectic. There is rock, bluesy bits, almost folky bits. There is raunchy guitar and orchestral strings and everything in between. It has a wide range of moods as the story goes along.

Best short answer I have is Pink Floyd. I'm not saying, "Hey! Lookit me! I'm just as great as Pink Floyd!" But the audience that likes Pink Floyd is my target audience. I guess.

Last night in the cold rain this guy is on stage just doing crazy awesome shit. Hktties everywhere are just shedding clothes and convulsing and chanting some ancient weird shit. A character I know comes up and says IM CONFUSED RIGHT NKW. IM OVERJOYED. IM AFRAJD. IM IN THE UNIVERSE! I about lost it.

Let me guess....Kuba?

Hi guys...

Muddy, I would classify the songs I've heard of yours as folk. The folk scene is really picking back up where I live.

Oh, and I would love to listen to your music and give you some feedback. The last time you asked, I was not in a very good place. But all is good now.

I thought it was country blues, some of it anyway :dunno:

Hello, mischievous, wild looking car driving lady. :chinatojapan:

Hi Rubyn!!

I'm not very musical, but I would love to be a guinea pig. TOM is very musical and I'm sure he would end up listening as well, so you get an extra set of ears (three if you count the tiny human) for the price of one.

You really need to hear the music before assessing the style. Those YouTube bits are not to be trusted! No one has heard the actual music yet!

I'll be amazed if anyone thinks it's folk or country other than maybe 1 song.

Oh, and I would love to listen to your music and give you some feedback. The last time you asked, I was not in a very good place. But all is good now.

:littleboy:

Fantastic! Glad to see you and glad all is good.

The music is of secondary importance to that (however I might - make that probably will - drop a link in your PM - unless you would prefer facebook ???)

ooh, I wanna hear the new version of Aint Lyin.

Hi Rubyn, :wave:

holy shit it's rubyn

hi!