• Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 1,679 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm off work today, yet awake at 630...which is earlier than if I were working.

Getting all giddy over these goddam games.

It's an illness, see.

:freak::guitar::bashing::anlight:

its like Friggin Christmas Morning.... I even left milk and cookies out for my bracket fairy to eat last night

hahaha....so funny you say that Arch. Robyn just came out here from bed and said 'Are you really that excited?"

I said yep.....I had to see if St. Nicholas at my cookies!!

Archie you have the sickness as well. Hold my hand.

I'm not excited at all. It just means a lot of fuckin work.

MonkeyF don't be a downer! We are not all pros here and some of us still possess the ability to get excited from time to time! :bread:

The spoke shop isn't gonna run itself, pal.

Just why do you guys get so excited about college sports?

I don't get it, the standard for the most part is miles removed from elite level.

College sports are refreshing here Dunder because the top amateurs are yet to be tainted and develop unbearable attitudes that the NBA and NFL often bring.

College hoops and football here bring enthusiasm and a certain energy that the pros can't emulate.

As for the NCAA tourney which is about to start, to me, it has always been my favorite time of the sporting year.

So much emotion and excitement. You just can't beat it.

nothing like college football and bball Dunder

now I have to fight my 3 yd old all day over the the TV.
no way I'm watching SpongeBob all day today

College sports are refreshing here Dunder because the top amateurs are yet to be tainted and develop unbearable attitudes that the NBA and NFL often bring.

College hoops and football here bring enthusiasm and a certain energy that the pros can't emulate.

As for the NCAA tourney which is about to start, to me, it has always been my favorite time of the sporting year.

So much emotion and excitement. You just can't beat it.

Sure, I get that. My son plays football (soccer) at under-13 level in a league with a very good standard. It is refreshing to see the enthusiasm without the cynical behavior the pervades the game at professional level.
Many of the kids he plays against will go on to play in the youth teams of pro clubs but there will still be very little interest from the general public in anything other than the elite leagues.

I might do some reading on the origin of this popularity of CBB.

It is nice to get that thrill out of sports. It was such a big part of my life once upon a time but I have become a jaded cynical bastard about it all. But the Olympics brought it back for a little while for me.

Fun.

Dunder part of this excitement is cause there is one game after another. Complete overload of your senses. Kinda like the New Years Day bowl games.

Dunder, most of these kids have no where to go after they play these games. This is the end of the road for them...they have a few minutes in their life to shine and this is it.