Ribeye, Filet, New York Strip or Porterhouse?

• Start date
  • Replies 86 Comments
  • Views 3,249 Views
I want in on this too but only if we also argue what constitutes good and bad lyrics.

I want in on this too but only if we also argue what constitutes good and bad lyrics.

268.gif

This brings up a question I have about bacon. I do love it, but it needs to be really crispy. If it has chewy fat on it, I don't enjoy it. Aren't I basically cooking a lot of the fat out of it? I know the longer I cook it, the more grease is left in the pan. Outrageous amounts of grease, really.

One of the drawbacks of filet is it doesn't have any fat so it gets dry. You need some fat on your meat especially if you are grilling it. I prefer to grill my steaks on the infrared gas grill that melts the fat on conduct without directly hitting the flames. For kebabs I like the hardwood charcoal grill because the temperature is not as high. You don't want to burn small chunks of meat.

MrX
This brings up a question I have about bacon. I do love it, but it needs to be really crispy. If it has chewy fat on it, I don't enjoy it. Aren't I basically cooking a lot of the fat out of it? I know the longer I cook it, the more grease is left in the pan. Outrageous amounts of grease, really.
I believe is better to bake it in the oven if you like it crispy. Cougar knows more about it.

Porterhouse are gay.

Different cuts of meat and they don't cook evenly.

And t -bones are for niggers.

Give me the strip steak

I believe is better to bake it in the oven if you like it crispy. Cougar knows more about it.

I have a thread over at peeps about baking bacon.

BAking bacon is the real deal.

Its very white.

Mr.X, I like my bacon the same way. Call me.

Applegate Uncured Sunday bacon one time common.

Mr. X every oven is different but (don't preheat)

Bacon layed out flat on a pan w/an aluminum foil sheet

400 degrees for 20 min

Check before turning off oven

Just bought a 1.29 lb organic Bone In Ribeye for $19.34 USD

They didn't have any Porterhouse

Heading home to marinate this thing

Will report back later

Heated the plate in the microwave for 4 minutes.

:greencheck:

Keeps the steak warm.

I'm thinking that ribeye I had tonight would cost $55 in a restaurant.

SO GOOD.

:pepe:

I've had plenty of baked bacon. It's fine.

Something about the taste of fried bacon that I like a bit better. But whatever, if it's crispy, it's great.

Mr. X every oven is different but (don't preheat)

Bacon layed out flat on a pan w/an aluminum foil sheet

400 degrees for 20 min

Check before turning off oven

Very interesting. I'm going to gave to try this.

Heated the plate in the microwave for 4 minutes.

:greencheck:

Keeps the steak warm.

I'm thinking that ribeye I had tonight would cost $55 in a restaurant.

SO GOOD.

:pepe:

I'm actually curious why you would marinade a bone-in rib eye. I've never marinated a t-bone, rib eye or any strip loins. When i think marinade i think it's to tenderize and flavour.