Random thoughts

I sent this guy a text and he got back to me - no vacancy next week. That's cool though, I wasn't looking for next week anyway.

I'm going to keep in touch with him and might very well choose his spot for my first location out there.

Looks nice, safe and relatively inexpensive. Awesome location....I think.

room1.png

room2.png

Yeah should be fine. I'm guessing that area north of the stratosphere can be a little rough, but most anything a bit off the strip is a bit rough

change of scenery sounds good

first class prison system in clark county as well

tell them fishhead sent you

first time seeing my company on tv. Would say 99% of the time its fanduel/draftkings

DE5A8260-DF83-4FBA-AD90-E3A2E3A64D32.jpeg

Sorry I do not own the company

Two years ago I got into the sports betting industry after working in govt for 5 years

I am a trading analyst for twinspires sports (owned by churchill downs)

working my way up to hopefully be a director/vp of sports for a company one day! No plans on leaving the industry

Yeah its nice to be working a job that doesnt feel like a job. Also the salary raises on the private side trump the govt side easily. Already have seen a 40k increase in two years (two promotions) where I was seeing maybe 1-2k increase a year in govt

what you have to do as a trading analyst?
Lots of reporting (were in 6 online states and have 6 retail locations) so daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports of each location. Breaking down our handle (has it increased in x time? Rec vs sharp handle %, how are sports performing pre/live? How is our single handle % vs parlay handle % and what are our margins there? How can we improve?
Going over new sports/leagues with compliance. Every state is different so while Michigan may allow 4x100 relay Indiana may not (Indiana has a small olympics catalog) so monitoring our markets on site to make sure our 3rd party provider is following the rules (they make mistakes)
Reviewing markets/bets coming in real time
Reviewing league/player limits (changes all the time)
Reviewing prices….report stale lines etc
Sharing bet splits with media (i share futures markets with sports illustrated weekly si.com/gambling and @patrick_everson from
Covers. Not part of my job description but it gets our name out there and mine as well
Help with any promotions….competitive analysis. I always know what fanduel or betmgm is offering. Wynnbet was first to offer cfb totals….stuff like that.
5E9BFD46-0476-4D9C-B520-0483FA34610B.png