Random thoughts

I'm a little stunned how great my investments/retirement fund are doing.

I guess I just assumed that markets would suck in these times of worldwide unemployment and business closures. I would have been happy if I was breaking even over the covid months. I was a bit afraid to check and hadn't looked since ~April.

Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about because the fund has performed at a rate beyond what I would hope for in the best of times. It earned 12% over the last ~8 months.

All I can say is :dunno:

I am looking to reboot my sports betting activities. I am going to get back to modelling, starting with MLB - with an eye to betting in earnest on MLB 2022.

Other sports will follow. At least the research will follow. Whether or not I find good angles remains to be seen.

I'll be looking for angles to apply once covid is no longer having an effect. No interest in betting on covid sports.

Thoughts and prayers for Momma K. Best woman and Mother ever. No contest. She has this condition involving her spine and the nerves around it where she's been in a lot of pain and hasn't been able to walk. Yesterday she fell and couldn't get up so now she's in the hospital. My Dad (best Dad ever) can't even stay in the hospital with her because of COVID. He's miserable. She will have surgery tomorrow. Here's praying she comes out of the surgery in much better shape than she has been.

FUCK getting old.

Really appreciate the warm wishes guys. Tough time for our family. No update yet from Papa K. Will advise.

Appreciate it man. Surgery was pushed up to yesterday, then they brought it back to today. Then she will do 2 days in the hospital, and then she will be in a rehabilitation hospital - not sure how long that will be. With any luck it's a blessing in disguise, because prior to the fall she was so bad that my Dad had to walk her anywhere to get around the house, and my brother said he sounded very tired. So God willing she heals up and things are much easier for both of them. They are the very best of the best is all I can say.

Stevie moved. Not a homeowner like some of you rich foks in here but am now in a nice and up and coming part of Philly instead of, well, dogshit like where I was. Roomies and landlord are very peaceful and pleasant people so no 30 beer infused psychotic episodes allowed - sorry 174. Those days are over.

Blittys came EXTREMELY close to living in Philly (cherry hill) instead of Nashville.

Cool town! Solid move Steve’s

I was in Nashville exactly one year ago today. I stayed at the Moxy Vanderbilt.

Blittys came EXTREMELY close to living in Philly (cherry hill) instead of Nashville.

Cool town! Solid move Steve’s

Yeah man Philly is hit or miss. Like literally live well, or maybe get mugged or worse. I have lived in Fairmount (nice), North Philly (shit), Kensington (world class shit), and now East Falls. East Falls is on the up and up and sure as shit a HUGH step up from shithole Kensington, so it's cool. It's really refreshing not to see heroin needles all over the ground and people looking like zombies stumbling around when outside.

Don't know much about Cherry Hill but when things get cleaned up with the virus I'll likely be commuting to Mount Laurel NJ for work so have to stay local.

Right? Where the fuck do they sleep. I mean they seem mostly harmless enough but you never know.

I like wearing a mask. It deletes my resting bitch face and people are friendlier to me because of it. Plus I haven't got a cold in close to a year.

I might just keep on wearing one forever.

I'm a little stunned how great my investments/retirement fund are doing...

Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about because the fund has performed at a rate beyond what I would hope for in the best of times. It earned 12% over the last ~8 months.

All I can say is :dunno:
The Fed has purchased 4T in bonds in the last year, now up to about 7T. This artificially inflates the stock market.

It was a nice run, but Europe and Asia are much better long-term. Lots of companies are going to go out of business, and the Fed will have to start unloading its position eventually.