Random thoughts

Tron (or anyone else that has an opinion) -

Here's an interesting hand that happened a little bit ago. I'm curious what your move is on it.

You recently transferred to a 1/3 NL table from another table with a stack of about 700 (Max buy in is 300). For sake of the conversation let's pretend that 700 is a significant amount of money for you. To your right is an opponent with about 750 (so he's been cruising at this table), you've never seen him before. You've only been at the table about eight hands and you saw him lose two small pots on failed semibluffs. Nothing major.

You get dealt pocket Kings. He raises to 15, you raise to 40. He flats. The flop comes JJ9 with two diamonds and a club. You bet 40, he flats. The turn is the five of clubs. You bet 50, he quickly bumps it up to 180.

What's your move? I'll share his hand and the result, sick spot imo.

I would probably fold if 700 is a lot of money. Good chance he only has a draw but very likely you gonna have to call all in on river and you don't wanna be in that situation. I would ve likely checked the turn and call him down. Don't want to overvalue your big pairs. That way you're enticing a true bluff from a nothing hand, and also encouraging small bets from a big hand.

Like Reno, I would have checked the turn.

Personally, when he raised to 15, I would have re-raised to anywhere between $50-$60 but I understand that most people make it $40 there.

I hate his call on the flop.

I’m reluctantly folding when he makes it $180.

I don’t like going down with this ship with just an overpair to the board when I don’t know much about the villain.

I did tank it and fold and he showed me AK of clubs. He then proceeded to donk of $400 to the rest of the table then march off ranting about how he wasn't playing well.

Like you guys touched base on, limited information on him was the issue. If I lost $700 to trip jacks on a bad read I'd be pissed as fuck at myself. Had this play occurred half an hour later I may have blasted all in in response to the 180, and I guarantee you he calls looking for the flush/ace. All being said I do agree with the fold as steamy as the result is and the fact you two would've done the same reaffirms that - I think most good players would fold there. Sure it's tough to put him on quad jacks but now knowing what a loose aggro tard he was he could easily have had aj or even a boat, some lagtards raise with any pp.

Appreciate the insight fellas, I'll post hands I see as interesting here and there.

I often hear people say there are no bad questions, but there definitely are.

Am I the only one who has No clue what the agreed upon rules and etiquette of poker are and usually do pretty well the few times I go out to play? I just wing it and whenever I win a big hand I "had no right being in" it usually makes a portion of the table pretty angry.

I assume you guys in the discussion know players like me and get annoyed as well?

I'd think people wouldn't get mad, theyd just follow you around and clean up, no?

Am I the only one who has No clue what the agreed upon rules and etiquette of poker are and usually do pretty well the few times I go out to play? I just wing it and whenever I win a big hand I "had no right being in" it usually makes a portion of the table pretty angry.

I assume you guys in the discussion know players like me and get annoyed as well?

I would only get annoyed if you didn’t stick around for a few hours and I would have missed an opportunity to win some or all of your chips.

Poker players that whine about “poor play” are the worst.

Boner and Tronner both have very valid points.

The term for what breadly is has brought up is what's called a "garbage collector"; i.e. players that play garbage starting hands chasing their weird two pairs, then clean up when they catch. They pay a fortune over the long haul for these weird/weak hands and almost always lose, but when they win it's for a significant amount because a tight grinder like myself can't detect the 93 two pair when he cracks my aces. The same goes for players that overpay for draws.

The money these players contribute to pots looking for their weird hands and priced out draws makes for a healthy contribution to any game so as Boner touched upon I would seek out this player to play against. As Tron brought up I too hate when people bitch when the donks catch. Who wants it to be all grinders and no donks? I don't - we'd all just beat each other up and lose rake. Also, you don't want to discourage them.

Repeat business is essential, yo.
Don't fuck w my action ya whiny bitches.

Today is maxipad's 43rd birthday and I am spending it recovering from moving and playing poker, and that works just fine.

Unless I lose.

Btc don't wanna give up that 3800 azz...

Once it does though then we all about leverage city...

I have no idea how this site works anymore. I can't find my Fanduel post. Ill admit I'm like an old racist cranky senior citizen at a rave. Meh and blah.

So I shut down my account but its Sunday and I'm high and drunk in that order. Suddenly remembered I have a draftkings account too from back in the day. Played a few hail Mary's. Man that site sucks balls. Complete garbage compared to FD.

I bet Willie Bee is hand feeding a baby deer right now. I liked that man.

Uh. Check it. Less go.
The more you think the less you know
Missing you guys like chromosomes
Homophobic asshole moans
Creditwagering Uncle Richie loans
If you wanna yer gonna