Random thoughts

That is a colorful metaphor. I like it.

Meanwhile I have a friend having day surgery on Thursday and she needs a designated "responsible adult" to be assigned to drive her home and keep an eye on her for awhile. So I got recruited.

I remember many chunks of my life where I could have been called a lot of things but not "responsible adult." But now check me out - I am the responsible adult.

I feel like I want to make up business cards.

MUDCAT
RESPONSIBLE ADULT

:laugh:

This is another excellent thread. 5 stars.

Yup. I was probably around 11 too when the woodpecker killing happened. Same summer that a bunch of us set fire to one of our school's wooden doors then blamed it on a retarded kid who wasn't there when the cops showed up.

Kids are awful. I want one, possibly two.

:laugh:

Who the fuck brought the rating down to 4 stars? :punches:

Sometimes I wonder how many blades they will eventually get into disposable shavers.

For a long time there was just one blade and we lived with that. Then it became twin blades. Fine. Then someone got a third blade in there. Mach III. I am aware of something called a Quattro with 4 blades and last night I saw a commercial for a shaver with 5 blades.

I wonder if they will go for 6. I bet that, as we speak, there is some executive at Schick contemplating 6.

He's sitting alone in his office giggling uneasily to himself thinking, 'Six? Should I?'

These people are mad. Mad I tell you.

Cant remember who did that old sketch, but it made me laugh.

The first blade gives a close shave.
The second blade reaches below the skin.
The third blade blah blah blah
The fourth blade makes love to your wife.
The fifth blade balances your checkbook.

etc etc

Sometimes I wonder how many blades they will eventually get into disposable shavers.

For a long time there was just one blade and we lived with that. Then it became twin blades. Fine. Then someone got a third blade in there. Mach III. I am aware of something called a Quattro with 4 blades and last night I saw a commercial for a shaver with 5 blades.

I wonder if they will go for 6. I bet that, as we speak, there is some executive at Schick contemplating 6.

He's sitting alone in his office giggling uneasily to himself thinking, 'Six? Should I?'

Here's the thought process that brought us the five blade razor: Fuck everything, we're doing five blades

Hey, if I'm the only one who'll take risks, I'm sure as hell happy to hog all the glory when the five-blade razor becomes the shaving tool for the U.S. of "this is how we shave now" A.

:biglaugh:

Not withstanding that Gillette Fusion (four blades) is a very good razor, how would Gillette and it's competitors justify charging the prices that they do unless fitting ever more blades in? It is primarily marketing.

Technically, Muddy, we already have a six blade razor. I happen to shave with a Gillette Fusion (on the two or three days out of the year I shave my beard, usually coinciding with a trip to the baths or a change in liturgical season) and in addition to the five blades on the face, it has a lone blade located at the top of the shaving head for "edge work."

Cant remember who did that old sketch, but it made me laugh.

The first blade gives a close shave.
The second blade reaches below the skin.
The third blade blah blah blah
The fourth blade makes love to your wife.
The fifth blade balances your checkbook.

etc etc

My shaver has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
My shaver has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R

They're all completely mad.

:clap:

I wonder if I will ever see a 13 blade shaver in my lifetime..? :popcorn:

Technically, Muddy, we already have a six blade razor. I happen to shave with a Gillette Fusion (on the two or three days out of the year I shave my beard, usually coinciding with a trip to the baths or a change in liturgical season) and in addition to the five blades on the face, it has a lone blade located at the top of the shaving head for "edge work."

I don't consider the 'edge work' blade on the bottom of the shaver as being a sixth blade.

:clap:

I wonder if I will ever see a 13 blade shaver in my lifetime..? :popcorn:

I would be worried that it would result in a shave so close, the user may start to experience relativistic effects, perhaps going back in time.

Tut tut. Four is so very pedestrian. Count em again.

Just goes to show how effective their marketing is. They can get schmuks like me to pay for a 5 (six if you prefer) blader even though I think it is only a four.

OK more than 3 blades, the shaving gel starts to get clogged inbetween the blades. I'm stopping at the 3 blade model with the battery powered shaker thing. Funny, I used to think that a shaky shave was bad, but the marketing guys have be buying a battery for my shaver now, and I am begining to thing that it ain't doing shit.