Random thoughts

So we're all wherever and there's this song on and and I hit this falsetto very briefly, rapidly and perfectly and everyone very rapidly looks at me like "wtf"?

My boy says - "bro you are fukkin crazy man"

#hadtobethere

If you had 15k to spend and you had to choose between late 70s era Pontiac grandville or strong interest in a promising 2yo racehorse what would you do?

Cars are kind of a miracle, when you think about them. Or maybe gasoline is a miracle.

Something miraculous is going on, anyway.

I like cars and will routinely point out interesting ones while walking around the city, to most people's complete indifference. That's one of the many charming things I do.

MrX
Cars are kind of a miracle, when you think about them. Or maybe gasoline is a miracle.

Something miraculous is going on, anyway.

Reminds me of Louis CK's bit about airplanes.

Okay here's something more substantial about cars.

I took my car in for service today - and it cost me a little over 2 grand. That was not a total shock; I was expecting like $1200 or something - brakes were the main thing - but they found a couple other issues so ---> 2 grand.

But here's the thing: I came away feeling amazingly great. I think what happened was, it made me realize how good my car has been and how little maintenance it has actually required over the last 13-ish years. The average annual expense has been extremely low. I don't think it has needed anything besides oil changes since the last brake work which was I-don't-even-remember-when. Several years anyway.

That's good. I got this very comfortable car which is all paid for - still pretty low mileage - nice fresh brakes on it.

Not a bad deal.

Cars not supposed to need much besides an oil change these days for at least 100k miles. Foking muddy gets suckered in for a thousand dollars break job and feels grateful. :dunno: 🇨🇦

Yeah, that's a really good bit.

Hmm. I have been invited to my sister's for dinner on Saturday - and our parents aren't invited.

That's weird. Pretty unheard of. Usually the family stuff is family stuff.

I have no doubt the food (ribs) will be outstanding but I also have a feeling I am being set up. I'm going to be asked to do something.

Maybe there's an outside chance it will be a set-up - like with a single woman - that's a longshot - or maybe they just feel like having some time with me without the usual hassle of getting the old folks up and down ramps and whatnot. Just wanting my sparkling company. Could be I guess.

But I think I'm going to be asked to do something.

Something not totally comfortable.

Nope. No agenda at all. Just dinner and hang out with the cats and check out the pot plants 'n shit.

Don't I suck for being such a suspicious Aloysius.

So if the US dollar has lost 97% of its value since the inception of Central Bank control in 1913, why are people still using it when there now exists much better options?

Would I open a door for a female?

Hhhmmm not sure. Wifey of course but whamen are strong after all and biology is (apparently) a social construct.

In every day situation the answer is no, but if it's someone I know and know they'll feel comfortable about it then yes for sure...

Would I open a door for a female?

Hhhmmm not sure. Wifey of course but whamen are strong after all and biology is (apparently) a social construct.

In every day situation the answer is no, but if it's someone I know and know they'll feel comfortable about it then yes for sure...

Why not open the door for men and women, like a civilized human being?