random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,248 Comments
  • Views 267,229 Views
We watch some of the first round nfl draft picks last night...my team got the pick he wanted for his team....needless to say he was a little upset...now we are waiting to see if we play each other again this year....if we do I secretly hope his team wins otherwise he gonna be MADDDD....

Ehh, leddim be mad.

Meanwhile, get this. A crowd of 90,000 is expected. Saturday night. At Wembley Stadium.

FOR BOXING !!!

Floyd Mayweather is nowhere to be seen

joshua-v-klitschko-ticket-and-coach-package-1853022237-940x6001.jpg

Canelo v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr aught to be good

I was surprised to hear that the Blue Jays are getting better television numbers than the Raptors this spring. That's the last place Blue Jays versus the Raptors who are in the second round of the playoffs.

:dunno:

I bet ratings would go up if they got rid of the unbelievably stupid name and replaced it with something actually relatable.

Idiots.

The fans of The Strongest do heil hitler salutes each time they score a goal, The Strongest is a soccer team in La Paz, Bolivia

And now Jay Cutler is going to be an NFL talking head?

Jay Cutler?

I thought I didn't care what Tony Romo has to say, but Jay Cutler makes him look like the most interesting man in the world.

:smitch:

Guy seems to have no personality but who knows! I remember when Aikman appeared clueless if going from his facial expression on the field while playing and IMO best analyst out there! Way better than Phil Simms!

Aikman still has no personality and anybody's better than Simms Mr.M :grin:

As the Celtics/Wizards are tied 3-3, Isaiah Thomas has commented that game 7's are, "where legends are born."

I feel there is some truth to that - but maybe not so much in game 7's of a second round series where the winner gets squashed 2 seconds later by Lebron.

Every once in awhile I hear little snippets about the Annual Silly Tournament of Puck Randomness (i.e. the World Hockey Championships.)

Today I heard a report that began, "And in today's quarter final between Canada and Germany . . . "

My mind automatically started to fill in the blanks. 8-nothing Canada my brain decided.

But no. 2-1 Canada. Over Germany. We squeaked it out over Germany.

I believe Canada also lost to Switzerland in the preliminary round.

Germany and Switzerland trubbles? Really?

Dude.

good tournament. Germany did not have much offense, but got a breakaway goal to get within one. As far as I'm concerned I doubt that the Russian team is any worse than any team they could throw out there. I suppose Malkin wouldn't hurt. But the aging Datsyk and confused Ovechkin wouldn't help, even Terasenko I'm not sure about.

Anxious to see how well F1 great Fernando Alonzo does at INDY! :dunno:

Alonzo in lead after race stopped due to HORRIFIC crash! Driver walked away from it! Unreal!

I am no student of North American open-wheeled racing, but I feel like the splitting into two racing leagues those years ago ---> stupid and shitty.

From my perspective, the main thing that happened was it took a lot of the luster off the Indy 500. It used to be an iconic thing but that threw a big wet blanket on it and it has never recovered. Not fully.

Yea Muddy the guy that owned the Indy track and race screwed things up by taking his as could be said "home with him" by starting a new league when all the biggest names in the sport weren't allowed to race in it cause they stayed with the original league! Jackass for sure!

Here's the crash ..... starts at 1:00 seeing it happening!