Powerball $1.5 billion

• Start date
  • Replies 116 Comments
  • Views 7,573 Views
Been in a group at work of about 16-20 people for months playing PB and MM!

Let's get everyone here to put in $20 each.

Boner will make sure the winnings are dispersed fairly.

Who's in??

I'm in. I wanna play with some American power balls.

Blitty, the odds are so against winning that playing 20 or 200 tickets doesn't make that much of a difference in your slim chances of winning! Play the 20 on your own and if you win dress up like Robin Hood and throw some cash the way of your fellow not-so-rich posters! :yes:

MrM, you missed 100% of the shots you don't take. :blittster:

I bought 10 bucks worth at a gas station in the ghetto today.

Another 300k simulated drawings. Still no 4 white + Powerball.

Over 1 million drawings and 9,600 years later.

j3hjZO5.jpg

#cantwinboys

this is what this guy does at work all day. Plays hypothetical powerball. unreal.:cop:

I always find it weird - a better word is probably dopey - when people feel like they have to play a lottery because the jackpot gets bulbously large.

Like they would put all kinds of money into that but not bother with a 10 million dollar lottery.

Very little difference in my quality of life going forward between winning 10 million and 1.4 billion dollars.

Tomorrow's drawing is +EV, Muddy. :light:

The big difference for me would be 1.4 billion would basically create a bunch of work for me. I would feel obliged to give away a huge chunk of it - and I would want to do it wisely. There would be work figuring that out. You almost have to create a foundation which would be a significant ongoing effort. I imagine it would be very rewarding work - but I am old and curmudgeonly. I just want enough money to live the rest of my life in peace and be left alone to do what I want to do. Have a few dollars at the end to leave to whomever.

Let someone else do the work.

I wish I could run my own lottery. I can't imagine an easier job with such easy money.

EDIT; muddy don't forget the taxes :)

I always find it weird - a better word is probably dopey - when people feel like they have to play a lottery because the jackpot gets bulbously large.

Like they would put all kinds of money into that but not bother with a 10 million dollar lottery.

Very little difference in my quality of life going forward between winning 10 million and 1.4 billion dollars.
I say that all the time too. I rarely play, but when it gets this big I guess it's just being a part of something, but I agree with you.

There's a pool over at E** if anyone wants to go in with a group.