Potato is considering attending the SBR Bash

• Start date
  • Replies 138 Comments
  • Views 11,201 Views
inthehole is dangerous. beware

Sbr is my primary forum. I would never get banned from there. They like me. I am not wanted by the management at GL.

vagabond, what are you trying to say here? that you liked aidsawareness?

I am questioning the statistics mentioned in the video.

That what my post meant, that video was filled with some bizarre stats, strange video for a company based in costa rica to put out.

That what my post meant, that video was filled with some bizarre stats, strange video for a company based in costa rica to put out.

sbr didn't put this video out ;)

inthehole did

According to CIA fact book estimates, 0.3% of adults (aged 15-49) in Costa Rica are living with HIV/AIDS while the corresponding number for the US is 0.6%.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica... Rica&countryCode=cs&regionCode=ca&rank=84#cs

I am questioning the statistics mentioned in the video.

Umm...obviously the intro is a joke. The stats are real. The link you provided is population based. There are about 5 mil in CR and 310 mil in the US...healthcare is at a premium in CR so I doubt the average joe who makes 2 bucks an hr is getting tested....Do the math Son.

Here are the facts from 2005.

Costa Rica Sex Health Facts
August 2005

"In Costa Rica there are more or less
8,750 women who dedicate themselves to sex work", said Dr. Sol Chavarr Aguiar, who is the coordinator of the HIV program of the Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social (CCSS).

He also stated that 2,700 women are currently being treated for HIV at the Centro de prevencion y control de infecciones de transmision sexual or the I.T.S.

Drilling down on these statistics, studies by the Centro shows that:

Of every 100 FEMALE sex workers, 6 have Syphilis and 1 is HIV positive.

Of every 100 MALE sex workers, 6 have Syphilis and 7 are HIV positive.

more women need to dedicate themselves to "Doing Work" with sex

more women need to dedicate themselves to "Doing Work" with sex

Archie...can you educate the board regarding research. Should we trust anything that comes out of CR? Can we actually get a reliable population based number from a country whose citizens make about 10 dollars a day?

Since you mentioned females, I thought it was for the entire population. What are the corresponding numbers for the US prostitutes ? Also, 1 in 5 herpes infection rate for the US is for the general population.

Since you mentioned females, I thought it was for the entire population. What are the corresponding numbers for the US prostitutes ? Also, 1 in 5 herpes infection rate for the US is for the general population.

Yes, all I can say is sex with prostitutes (whether it be in Cr or the US) is a big cluster fuck. The video was more geared toward putting out the idea that in CR who have a greater chance of contracting an STI/STD. Variables such as it being known as a place for sex tourism, lack of healthcare, probably a lower educational level put you at risk. Just be sure to wrap it up.

Here are the facts from 2005.

Costa Rica Sex Health Facts
August 2005

"In Costa Rica there are more or less
8,750 women who dedicate themselves to sex work", said Dr. Sol Chavarr Aguiar, who is the coordinator of the HIV program of the Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social (CCSS).

He also stated that 2,700 women are currently being treated for HIV at the Centro de prevencion y control de infecciones de transmision sexual or the I.T.S.

Drilling down on these statistics, studies by the Centro shows that:

Of every 100 FEMALE sex workers, 6 have Syphilis and 1 is HIV positive.

Of every 100 MALE sex workers, 6 have Syphilis and 7 are HIV positive.

Ok I didn't hear the term "female sex workers" in the video, I just heard the term women and thought those numbers were way off.. The idea of the video is a great thing for all these young guys heading down there without a thought in their head on this stuff, or even in the US, the numbers for herpes,HPV-2, among the general population is much higher than people realize.

Last edited: