Plommer is in the ICU

• Start date
  • Replies 417 Comments
  • Views 22,801 Views
Went for a walk today. Had to be 2 miles (3.2 KM's) Approx 1 mile each way to the store and back. Haven't walked that far in months. Getting there was smooth. 1/4 mile into the return trip carrying two bags of groceries (bananas, canteloupe, meat) I started to feel weakness. Stopped a couple of times to rest for a minute and then trudged on. Basically trying to deal with the mental aspect of just getting out and doing stuff. I knew I could walk there no problem and I figured I'd come up a little short on the way back and there was a little bit of suffering which is good as the end result was satisfaction at accomplishing a small baby step goal.

I no longer have the use of my friends vehicle so I'll be walking out of necessity. Sure I can use a cab or uber, but the goal is to get tougher mentally and avoid being sedentary.

Walking for food has been the my go to method to reducing weight the few times I've set out to. Keep nothing but most basic at home and go out and walk everyday to go get food. Of course it wasn't during quarantine. But it has worked every time for me for 20 or so lbs. I ain't good at doing the whole gym thing.

Rouge I've been walking briskly the last few days and plan on doing it every day of the week now that the weather is nice. I walk until my shins and legs get sore then rest then do it again. I'm not going slowly, I'm walking with purpose. Have headphones on and my spotify playlist going to keep me motivated.

Back to a 100% vegan diet again starting tomorrow - May 27 2020. I've researched all the options and veganism appears to be the healthiest way to eat. Yes, other methods seem to work, keto etc but cholesterol comes from consuming animals and animal products and not plant consumption produces zero cholesterol. While keto may be good for weight loss I don't believe it is healthy long term and will contribute to a massive coronary eventually. Butter, beef, oil, eggs, cheese? Are you fucking kidding me? Keto is not for me.

Went to see the surgeon today, the hernia is no longer infected and doesn't require immediate surgery. I have a follow up visit in early Sept.

Giving up dairy and beef is easy, but I will miss pork and chicken for a little while. Last year the vast majority of my meals were bean based, and it felt good. Going to the bathroom multiple times a day and pooping like a racehorse takes a little getting used to.

Also have no problem giving up sugar, not much of a soda/pop drinker and my cravings are late at night and I want CARBS! That is ending as I have no carbs in my apt and no animal products. Soy milk and stevia for sweetener in my coffee. Bought a decent used Schwinn cruiser last week and will ride it around and use it to go get my groceries etc.

Last edited:
where do you find the motivation? I guess the icu would scare the shit out of a person. Plommer gonna be as thin as Mr.Monkey at the next zoom. I'm looking forward to that :hattip:

Went to see the surgeon today, the hernia is no longer infected and doesn't require immediate surgery. I have a follow up visit in early Sept.

Drama queen. Garnering wishes while delivering nothing. I am the only who underwent surgery in May. Minor surgery, major nuisance. Just the whole experience has made me scared about growing old now.

Removal of infected sebaceous cyst. It is a minor thing though it was done under general anaesthesia. The problem is there are no stitches and it takes time for the tissue to develop to fill the 1.5 cm deep hole. The wound needs to be dressed every day initially and then every alternate day. It has been three weeks of regular hospital visits and I expect at least a week more.

Back to a 100% vegan diet again starting tomorrow - May 27 2020. I've researched all the options and veganism appears to be the healthiest way to eat. Yes, other methods seem to work, keto etc but cholesterol comes from consuming animals and animal products and not plant consumption produces zero cholesterol. While keto may be good for weight loss I don't believe it is healthy long term and will contribute to a massive coronary eventually. Butter, beef, oil, eggs, cheese? Are you fucking kidding me? Keto is not for me.

Giving up dairy and beef is easy, but I will miss pork and chicken for a little while. Last year the vast majority of my meals were bean based, and it felt good. Going to the bathroom multiple times a day and pooping like a racehorse takes a little getting used to.

Also have no problem giving up sugar, not much of a soda/pop drinker and my cravings are late at night and I want CARBS! That is ending as I have no carbs in my apt and no animal products. Soy milk and stevia for sweetener in my coffee. Bought a decent used Schwinn cruiser last week and will ride it around and use it to go get my groceries etc.

:greencheck:

keto is a non-sustainable fad diet

use almond milk or skip milk all together. Soy is trash

:greencheck:

keto is a non-sustainable fad diet

use almond milk or skip milk all together. Soy is trash
Tronaaaaaay! I know regular soy milk will separate in hot coffee but this specialty soy creamer was made specifically for it.
5VV4UJo.jpg

I have almond, cashew, and oat milk to replace dairy.

Life hacks:

Bananas, cantaloupes, apples, dried beans, grapes, lemons (that I add to my filtered water).

iXaRUEg.jpg

Kfm984n.jpg

where do you find the motivation? I guess the icu would scare the shit out of a person. Plommer gonna be as thin as Mr.Monkey at the next zoom. I'm looking forward to that :hattip:
Was a wakeup call. Life is much easier as a non fatty. Being obese is difficult.
I was 205lbs and fit as a fiddle in this pic. Mind you it was 1993 but still.

I know the hair ain't never coming back, but the waist size can.
qvTXgSW.png

^^^^
This dude used to get all the pussy.
:yeahsure:

Last edited:
Removal of infected sebaceous cyst. It is a minor thing though it was done under general anaesthesia. The problem is there are no stitches and it takes time for the tissue to develop to fill the 1.5 cm deep hole. The wound needs to be dressed every day initially and then every alternate day. It has been three weeks of regular hospital visits and I expect at least a week more.

going to hospital everyday with the virus around damn