Outbreaks

• Start date
  • Replies 78 Comments
  • Views 7,211 Views
There's an outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo, 284 confirmed cases, 187 deaths. What's bad about this one is that there are large parts of the DRC that are not under government control, rebel fighters control some areas where the outbreak is happening. World Health Org can't coordinate a response like 4 years ago.

The DRC is the birth place of Ebola, first identified there in a 1976 outbreak. There has been 9 other outbreaks in the country since.

Coronavirus:
-5,974 confirmed cases
-170 deaths

SARS outbreak of 2003:
-8,098 people worldwide became sick
-774 deaths

Don't forget Swine Flu/H1N1 (2009-10):

- 61 million infections in the US
- 12,469 deaths in the US, 575,000 deaths worldwide

We are under an official pandemic outbreak :dance:

This is the big one this thread has been waiting for boys!

:fiverdance:

Where are we at with confirmed COVID-19 United States deaths (with age breakdowns)?

I’m out of the loop, boys.

Where are we at with confirmed COVID-19 United States deaths (with age breakdowns)?

I’m out of the loop, boys.

49 confirmed deaths but I haven’t found age breakdowns yet.

49 out of 312 million. That’s a lot!

Tronner. Get serious, many people are coughing and tens of people with pre existing comorbidities are dying.

49 confirmed deaths but I haven’t found age breakdowns yet.

49 out of 312 million. That’s a lot!

LOL! Tron, how did you vote for himself getting it? Going on a cruise maybe? You of course party but my guess is you're probably the most physically fit poster here! Where's the the ideal weight presently, 189, 191, 193? I know you mentioned it at times!

And I think I heard the average age of the dead in Italy was 81! Supposedly that they have the oldest population in Europe!

Italy also have the best medical infrastructure of all Europe, even ahead of Germany's, and look how great they are making out.

Italy also have the best medical infrastructure of all Europe, even ahead of Germany's, and look how great they are making out.

They do! Didn't know that! Could be a primitive one where you're told to eat plenty of garlic! We love the stuff!

today I walked in to a Chase branch with sun glasses, a hoodie, a red mask and black latest gloves

dreams really do come true boys

who would have thought 3 months ago that news sports tickers would become death count tickers

The discovery is a major blow for Democratic Republic of Congo, which has suffered three Ebola outbreaks since 2017. It is also combating a measles epidemic that has killed over 6,000 and COVID-19, which has infected over 3,000 and killed 71.

:winna: