NHL 2017/18

• Start date
  • Replies 302 Comments
  • Views 21,874 Views
Huh.

Caps O?

180608053523-alex-ovechkin-stanley-cup-exlarge-169.jpg

MrsM :hidesbehindsofa:

I feel like, for years and years, tons of people were cheering for Ovie to fail and taking some delight in his teams' playoff futility. But then suddenly this year everyone was all like, I want Ovie to win a Cup!

I would have been fine with his continued not-winning.

:dunno:

And it is going to a game 7. The Calder Cup final. Leafs farm team versus Dallas'. Game 7 tomorrow night.

The AHL season is actually running past the NHL. That seems weird. Kinda feel like the Stanley Cup would be the last word in, you know, hockey.

But nope.

This has been your Calder Cup update.

I feel like, for years and years, tons of people were cheering for Ovie to fail and taking some delight in his teams' playoff futility. But then suddenly this year everyone was all like, I want Ovie to win a Cup!

I think these days, the kids are defining folk with that mindset as:

‘Haters’.

I actually just got off the phone with Ovie well kind of, I directed him to this post form Muddy and I heard a bunch of screaming "how could he fucking say that??" and things breaking then he faded - it sounded like the phone got thrown into a pool or something. What sounded like a Russian woman kept screaming "
Этот ублюдок! Давайте отрубам его яйца!"

Whatever that means. She sounded hot, and very very angry.

You'd think Muddy's opinion wouldn't matter that much to them, I guess it does.

Interesting trade. Galchenyuk probably has more raw ralent but he’s not nearly as committed/hungry as Domi.

So Ottawa trades that Hoffman guy with the girlfriend with the extreme Erik-Karlsson's-wife tormenting ways.

That was probably prudent.

John Tavares to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Would be a thing.

Gary Bettman is going to the Hall of Fame. I can't really argue against it. You're the commissioner for that many years, I guess you should be in. You have to be in.

But shut up.

Is that really necessary? I mean they put the executives(?)in there. Seems like muddying the waters a bit

Fuckin’ guy is still active too, wtf?