Need The Updates

• Start date
  • Replies 90 Comments
  • Views 8,143 Views
Went inside the historic walls of the old city today. Gorgeous old architecture, delicious smells wafting through the streets. It’s the French Quarter of South America but with more aggressive locals trying to sell you cheap jewelry or art.

I like buying from locals. But don’t hound me as I’m trying to eat.

Juror, have you been to Colombia? I’m sure you have.........what cities?

Barranquilla, Cartagena, Santa Marta

and for a couple of days Bogota and Villavicencio

got family in Barranquilla

Barranquilla, Cartagena, Santa Marta

and for a couple of days Bogota and Villavicencio

got family in Barranquilla

Nice.

Bogota is on my list. I heard the altitude is rough on the gringo noobs, though. Especially after 1 or 12 cocktails.

I did Bogota to Villavicencio in a motorcycle, I'm not a huge fan of riding specially on shitty roads but that trip was awesome, Villavicencio is the area they call el llano the plains cowboyish area of the country, perfect weather perfect scenery, among the top of my lat american excursions

Nice.

Bogota is on my list. I heard the altitude is rough on the gringo noobs, though. Especially after 1 or 12 cocktails.

I had a blast in Medellin. Awesome town.

My travel partner said Medellin is better than Cartagena.

My travel partner said Medellin is better than Cartagena.

Not sure of the comparison.. One is coastal town, other is in mountains.

I guessing Med is a bit more hip. I'm hoping top check out Carta one of these days.

Not sure of the comparison.. One is coastal town, other is in mountains.

I guessing Med is a bit more hip. I'm hoping top check out Carta one of these days.

I should have been more specific:

In the sense that, if you were only to visit Colombia once, Medellin is better pound for pound than Cartagena.

Hey Cali, Casper here. Hoping all is good. Is the snow bad in NYC?
It bad at all this year. I’d really love a big snow storm rather than the dusting we’ve been getting.

Great to have you back CB!!! I need some (plenty) of CBB winners! I'm regressing to losing some (plenty) of games! :clueless:

Aw I just drop in a few times a year to make sure everyone is still alive.

The fact that both Casper and Bread are still alive amazes me.

Literally my thought.

Can I crash when I come home to visit?

No.
Which street? Or you near my old apt?

I live downtown, meaning below canal. The real downtown lol. East Vill is such a shit show nowadays. Not like it used to be.
I’m in Battery Park. But I’m moving next month to a bigger place further uptown.

If I lived in NYC and money wasn’t a factor I’d live in Tribeca, SoHo or the West Village.

JUST IN CASE ANY OF YA’LL WERE WONDERING.

I had an amazing 60 hours in those neighborhoods back in September.

If I lived in NYC and money wasn’t a factor I’d live in Tribeca, SoHo or the West Village.

JUST IN CASE ANY OF YA’LL WERE WONDERING.

I had an amazing 60 hours in those neighborhoods back in September.

I live a few blocks from Tribeca. I love it over there with the cobble stone streets and old factory’s turned in to million dollar condos. But really it feels like true “old NY” bc they’ve maintained the outside of the buildings in most of their original form. There’s some great bars and restaurants, too. It’s a more mature scene, which I always appreciate. Great neighborhood!