Need The Updates

• Start date
  • Replies 90 Comments
  • Views 8,194 Views
Howdy!

Me: working hard. Thinking about retirement but it's still 10 years off. So I work.

Current hobby project is a novel. That will probably take another year and a half to complete.

In sports I am doing the Toronto thing. The most recent Blue Jays season was pretty unwatchable but we got the Raptors and Maple Leafs now so that's a major upgrade. They are both interesting.

Still having many random thoughts.

Yasiel Puig was worth 1.8 wins in 2018.

I love to break balls!

Good to see you stop by, Cougar.

I’m 9 years, 1 month and 3 days away from retiring. But who’s countin, ya know?

Family is good on my end. Feel very fortunate.

I’m the proud owner of a Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar (Lake Placid Blue; she’s a real beauty)! And my Vox AC15 with blue Alnico speaker arrived recently so I mostly just blabber about that. Matty and I are discussing Compression pedals. Feels good, man. I haven’t cared about playing music for 10 years.

Way too much about me.

Gamelive wants to know what Cougar has been up to. I miss the grilling videos. You were the one who did those, right?

:peace:

S'up stranger. I started a few companies, including this one: https://rainvilleaudio.com

I don't gamble save for a few office pool type things and I have a kid in school.

Turns out, I can adult like the most boring of them. 🤷‍♂️

Still see poster Fiveteamer from time to time. Guy is jacked now, turned into a gym rat.

Tron -

Ah yes, our Puig battle. I forget these things. How about Chip Kelly? :o Like, come on man, if you're going to bust balls do it right.

Getting closer to retirement just means you are an old man, but congrats on aging! :D

Let's get some video up here of that Jag and you jamming. Music is a wonderful way to escape. I've used it to redefine myself and my perspective. I think I'm a better person because of it. Or at least it makes me more stable, to a degree. A way of expression (I think any artistic expression) is definitely something I need and is healthy. Some people need sun. I need music. So yeah - that's exciting to hear you are into it again.

I don't do grilling videos anymore, or spanking videos, or any other videos actually except music videos. I made a huge life change in 2016 and one of them was to make better use of my time. Time always wins. It doesn't matter if you are rich or broke, time will eventually take it all. So, use your time the best way you can. And I've tried to do that. I'll make this as short and as sweet as I can without rambling.

In 2015 I picked up a keyboard/a Mac/a decent mic because I was looking at this stack of notebooks of songs and it just kept eating at me that I never really did anything with them. I mean, I had recorded a little, and I was in a few bands and did the cover band thing locally, and even made a 3 song demo but never REALLY did anything with it. So I made some electronic music, and released it. I look back on that first EP and good lord does it sound awful to me now. But hey, when you know absolutely fuck all about production techniques that is what happens. So, I've made a few albums since then, each one sounds a little better and has sold a little better than the last, and last year I started a record label called Electric Dream Records because of my love for Synthwave and vinyl.

You can pretty much see all that here -> https://www.electric-dream-records.com/

Matty - I followed you on IG (stalked your ass).

I still gamble. I just do. Looking for some dogs today. Took Air Force +7 -130 to start. Like Penn State later + the big number. Played both smaller on the ML as well.

Fiver is jacked. Hmm. Well that's unexpected. Always liked that guy (in the gay way).

Howdy!

Me: working hard. Thinking about retirement but it's still 10 years off. So I work.

Current hobby project is a novel. That will probably take another year and a half to complete.

In sports I am doing the Toronto thing. The most recent Blue Jays season was pretty unwatchable but we got the Raptors and Maple Leafs now so that's a major upgrade. They are both interesting.

Still having many random thoughts.

Mudcat you were always working on something interesting. I'm interested to know what the book is about. If you're in need of a follow up, you could always turn your "Random Thoughts" into a book.

as for updates let's see :hmm:

-Teela got married in Vegas, has 2 kids and moved to Texas
-MrMonkey moved to Florida and now he is Florida Man
-Bread and Robyn divorced, now she's trying to get him deported
-5Dimes Tony got kidnapped and murdered
-Boner moved to the suburbs, has a kid and bought a horse that won a race at Belmont Park, making him the poster of the year 3 months before the year is over
-Steve and Cami split, there was some Biggie and 2Pac type of beef there
-Steve got banned for 1 year for going obsessively insane, served his sentence and now is back
-We lost a bunch of posters like IAG, FairWarning, Rayray, Pavy, Plommer
-Casper is casper, has been heart broken by 21 year olds, caught in protests, bartending, back in Vegas
-MrX traveling to exotic locations
-Reno forever gambler and on the road
-blitty forever young
-xpansive stopped gambling and went into crypto coins
-Nina doesn't post as often, she's not roll tiding with us :(
-vagabond and I we just keep on walking down the lone road

Excellent to hear, well....most of that. 5Dimes Tony I heard about. Crazy shit there.

I miss Bread. He was my boy. Caligirl?

FW - why did he go? What about Plommer? Need some background there.

as for updates let's see :hmm:

-Teela got married in Vegas, has 2 kids and moved to Texas
-MrMonkey moved to Florida and now he is Florida Man
-Bread and Robyn divorced, now she's trying to get him deported
-5Dimes Tony got kidnapped and murdered
-Boner moved to the suburbs, has a kid and bought a horse that won a race at Belmont Park, making him the poster of the year 3 months before the year is over
-Steve and Cami split, there was some Biggie and 2Pac type of beef there
-Steve got banned for 1 year for going obsessively insane, served his sentence and now is back
-We lost a bunch of posters like IAG, FairWarning, Rayray, Pavy, Plommer
-Casper is casper, has been heart broken by 21 year olds, caught in protests, bartending, back in Vegas
-MrX traveling to exotic locations
-Reno forever gambler and on the road
-blitty forever young
-xpansive stopped gambling and went into crypto coins
-Nina doesn't post as often, she's not roll tiding with us :(
-vagabond and I we just keep on walking down the lone road
I didn't know half of this stuff.
I'm not really on the road, but I still take road trip every couple months. Play in 5 hockey leagues and drink, mostly's what I do. ...Plommer posted a couple weeks ago for the 1st time in ages, mostly because THE Leafs. After he left, Steve tried to chase him away again

I'm interested to know what the book is about.

It's about a guy who has suffered a brain injury which left him a bit simple - also his dingus doesn't work - but he's extremely gentle and good-natured - and he has a little daughter - the two of them have a fun but profound bond - and they develop an unlikely relationship with a beautiful woman who suffered severe sexual trauma as a child and has some related issues.

They work for the same company. A whole crew of supporting characters come from that workplace which sits in the middle of sterile suburbia. Apart from a number of sub-plots within that crew, I am trying to generally explore the hopes/dreams/triumphs/disappointments of those people I know so well.

It is supposed to be equal parts funny and socially observant.

Hi there, CB.

Good to see ya around. Glad things are going well for you.

Good rundown Juror.

Is Robyn really trying to get Bread deported? Was Steve's really gone for a year?

MrX
Good rundown Juror.

Is Robyn really trying to get Bread deported? Was Steve's really gone for a year?
that all depends on how many aliasis you count

It's about a guy who has suffered a brain injury which left him a bit simple - also his dingus doesn't work - but he's extremely gentle and good-natured - and he has a little daughter - the two of them have a fun but profound bond - and they develop an unlikely relationship with a beautiful woman who suffered severe sexual trauma as a child and has some related issues.

They work for the same company. A whole crew of supporting characters come from that workplace which sits in the middle of sterile suburbia. Apart from a number of sub-plots within that crew, I am trying to generally explore the hopes/dreams/triumphs/disappointments of those people I know so well.

It is supposed to be equal parts funny and socially observant.

Quite a lot there. Very cool to hear you're so far along Muddy. Writing (and finishing) books is extremely difficult. It will be very rewarding when it's finished.