Movies discussion - 5/17/10

• Start date
  • Replies 204 Comments
  • Views 12,835 Views
Harry Brown Independent film that just came out in a few theaters. Michael Caine is the lead and all the reviews raved about the movie.

Actually the two reviews I saw were so negative they pretty much scared me away for good.

Apocalypse Now Gets a little weird and a little slow towards the end but overall I liked it. Not as good as Platoon, but still a good war movie.

lol? Ban this guy.

Session 9 - Another multiple viewing for me. One of my favorite "horror" movies. The fact that there is little to no gore, but remains one of the scariest films I've seen is a testament. Brilliantly placed subtle imagery and creepy sound effects make this an all time favorite.

Out of nowhere! David Caruso!!!

fuckyou-1.gif

I am surprised it isn't right up there with some of the classics.

Okay, it is possible for bread and I to agree on a movie.

MrX
Okay, it is possible for bread and I to agree on a movie.

:kiss2:

So can we get together to watch Nick Nolte's greatest collection sometime then? (I Love Trouble, Three Fugitives, Everybody Wins, Blue Chips)

Mr X CALL ME!!

What kind of movies do you like?

Everything written by Charlie Kaufman. Most Cohen brothers. Tarantino. Good sci-fi with understated special effects. Really bad sci-fi with over-the-top special effects.

just finished Soprano's season 2, and working on the wire season 3.....

I think the wire season 3 is gonna be better overall than season 2.... which I was disappointed in

MrX
Everything written by Charlie Kaufman. Most Cohen brothers. Tarantino. Good sci-fi with understated special effects. Really bad sci-fi with over-the-top special effects.

I actually just put Synecdoche, New York in our queue about two minutes before reading this. I love "thinking" movies.

just finished Soprano's season 2, and working on the wire season 3.....

I think the wire season 3 is gonna be better overall than season 2.... which I was disappointed in

Great. We will be getting season 2 in the mail soon.

I actually just put Synecdoche, New York in our queue about two minutes before reading this. I love "thinking" movies.

That movie blew up my mind balls.

Man I love that movie. Pretty brutal, though.

Session 9 - Another multiple viewing for me. One of my favorite "horror" movies. The fact that there is little to no gore, but remains one of the scariest films I've seen is a testament. Brilliantly placed subtle imagery and creepy sound effects make this an all time favorite.

Someone at work recommend this. I think I'll give it a try.

Robin Hood Saw it tonight and I have to say this movie is epic. As in epic fail. This is REALLY bad. I knew this was supposed to be a new twist on an old story and sort of a prequel to the usual Robin Hood story, but it is horrendous. 2 Hours and 20 min of boredom. STAY AWAY.